4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Chrysler Service Contract

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
AFF
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned over 20 cars/trucks since I was 16. I think extended warranty is a rip off and not worth it. If something major is going to go wrong it's likely to happen in the first 3yrs/60k anyway. If I was paying more than $500 for extended I would pass. It all comes down to proper service and taking care of your investment.
I also have a couple family members that work for Chrysler and Ford. All of them suggest passing on extended warranty.

Last edited by AFF; 05-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
72combo
Champion

Am I the only one or did you get a schedule attached to a receipt with you oil change states all the required service, Seems every 10,000kms the want you to spend around 200 including oil change. If its not an aligment, it fuel injector cleaner or some other crap.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Actually its not a warranty. It is handled like collision insurance or major medical. t goes through a entirely different group then factory warranty.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

All I can remember, in 1984 the wife bought a Buick Century Loaded. This was the WORST CAR GM EVER PUT OUT!!! We bought the ext. warranty [Thank god]. Right after the mileage went out 2.5 yrs or so , this so called car , we stared having major problems. 4 a/c compressors etc; 3 transmission ; a/c control module, Alternator, front drive axle , fuel pump in gas tank, and so on .
I 'll always buy a warranty , but at 100.00 over cost if possible .

Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 PM
roadrnnr
Rookie

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
I picked up my lifetime factory warranty from: http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

It's the very best deal I could find. I did plenty of checking around. Michael Case, from Harold Zeigler Automotive Group, is awesome!
I thought he was awsome also the first time I talked to him about the refund I am due on a cancelled contract. Now it is almost two months later and I am still waiting for the refund after he has told me they would be sending it right out. Keeps having some lame excuse why I havne't got it yet and I have talked to him three times in a month and a half. I have left many more messages and emails for him but he does not to seem to care about answering them in a timely manner or at all. I would stay away from this place and go with the other online place for Chrysler contracts!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:13 PM
jawsdc
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like you can cancel the contract at any authorized Chrysler dealer, per Cancellation and Transfer Policies portion of your service contract (page 5 on mine).
The refund will come via Chrysler not the dealer.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
roadrnnr
Rookie

Originally Posted by jawsdc
it looks like you can cancel the contract at any authorized Chrysler dealer, per Cancellation and Transfer Policies portion of your service contract (page 5 on mine).
The refund will come via Chrysler not the dealer.
Not the case. If you were on a 12 month payment plan as I was Chrysler sends a letter to the dealer you bought it from and they refund you, minus the surcharges and fees of course. The way chrysler explained it to me was they,(zeigler) fronted the full amount, so they have to refund the balance, even though I was making payments to Chrysler service contracts not Zeigler.

I cancelled one a few years ago that I also bought online and went to my local dealer to fill out the paper work and they sent it in. I had a check in a week and it was sent to the local dealer that filled out the paper work not the one I bought it from.

Why they do not send the check to me directly is bull. I paid Chrysler every month so they should send me the check, not make me fight with the online dealer for going on almost two months now trying to get my refund. I am sure not getting another one from Zeigler!

Quick Reply: Chrysler Service Contract