4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip F1

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011 | 01:19 PM
RockyMtnHigh

Originally Posted by general
Got any pictures.
Here's some of mine.

Bakbox:
Name:  IMGP1191.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  149.0 KB

Name:  IMGP1192.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  117.5 KB

Name:  IMGP1195.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  158.7 KB

Old 02-17-2012 | 11:31 PM
adb67
Default Hows F1 holding up?

Just wondering how the F1 has held up? Did you have any install issues? DO you have the OEM drop in bedliner? I have heard that the install with the bedliner requires modificiation to the liner.

Originally Posted by RockyMtnHigh
Here's some of mine.

Bakbox:

Old 02-18-2012 | 07:26 AM
RockyMtnHigh

Originally Posted by adb67
Just wondering how the F1 has held up? Did you have any install issues? DO you have the OEM drop in bedliner? I have heard that the install with the bedliner requires modificiation to the liner.
It's held up great, no install issues and I have a spray liner. I will say it does not stay cool to the touch in Summer heat as advertised. Whoever said that must have some pretty thick calluses on their hands or lives in a place where it doesn't get above 80 degrees in the Summer. Other than that I like it a lot.

I did get rid of the bakbox a couple days later. I should have known the little sheet metal screws and velcro on the ends wasn't going to hold up. Made a slow turn one day with no more than 70lbs loaded in it (rated up to 400lbs) and heard a loud thump in the back. Got out and looked and the velcro had come loose, which caused the box to come off the rails and slam into the bed. Put a good sized dent in it, but that was before the spray liner so I didn't raise too much of a stink. Took it back to 4 Wheel Parts and they refunded my money.

Old 02-18-2012 | 07:58 AM
WNDERR
|
Veteran

Mine has performed flawlessly. Easy install, works great, and looks nice. I also have a spray in bedliner (factory), so no issues.

I did remove the sticker on the top, and asked them to send me a few more. They responded promptly. Now, whenever it is open, in whatever position, everyone can see who made it.

I would buy another just like it, if the need ever arose.

Mine does not get hot on the inside, only as warm as the bed inside when it is closed. The black outside is very warm in the sun.

Overall, I'd score it a 10 out of 10 - a very well made, quality product. Secure, and easy to use.

Old 02-18-2012 | 08:01 AM
blkdak4x4

Installed my F1 yesterday, very impressed with the components and the quality of the overall design. Only concern I have is the fit on the tailgate of the last panel, seems not to want to latch in easily almost like the rails are too low. Besides that I am very happy with the purchase.

Old 02-18-2012 | 08:34 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by blkdak4x4
Installed my F1 yesterday, very impressed with the components and the quality of the overall design. Only concern I have is the fit on the tailgate of the last panel, seems not to want to latch in easily almost like the rails are too low. Besides that I am very happy with the purchase.
Move the cover forward just a little - the last panel is probabally hitting the tailgate or the cover is not perfectly straight. When I take mine off and back on I find it easiest to fold and latch down the entire cover to get it straight and then slide in on my back to finish tightening the thumb wheels.

Mine is still working great as well. I've done 2 things to damage is but both were my fault.
I snapped off one of the hold up rods with some cargo - bracket pulled right off the pop rivits. Easy enough to fix if I decide to do it later. Also messed up a bit of the seal over the tailgate - had the cover bungied with one panel folded open and the panel flipped up on the higway rubbing on the bungie.

Old 08-27-2012 | 12:00 PM
jhinton81

what is the difference between the F1 and the G2?

Old 08-30-2012 | 06:34 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by jhinton81
what is the difference between the F1 and the G2?
This can be found on their website.

BUT, I believe its the material and texture of the cover. HeavyDuty vs not.

Old 09-23-2012 | 07:47 AM
ckberry13

where do you run drain tubes with a bed liner

Old 09-24-2012 | 07:15 AM
jhinton81

ckberry my suggestion would be to get under truck and find the factory drain holes in the floor of the bed, pull out stoppers. Then take a drill bit and drill through the bed cover from the bottom side going up. Then you can get back on topside and run your drain tubes.

Quick Reply: Bakflip F1