4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

how to calculate trade in value on 1 year old truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 10:36 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

[QUOTE=milestone;2565325]I couldn't find "2011" on there, it stopped at 2010 for me

as far as dealers knowing or not that you want to trade in, I was thinking it shouldn't matter to them

the things I want to say, but I wont.

If the dealer knows your trading in, hes going to work that whole deal into the equation. Hes going to offer you the least amount for your car, and then give you a "better deal" on the car your buying. So you think you just got a steal on a new car, when really he just raped you on your trade in.

its pretty much, A and B. and he wants to have an even balance of both so he can make a profit. Where as if you take B (the car your buying) and get it as low as possible, and then take your trade in and get the best price for it, you just bent him over, rather than him bending you over.

My mother traded in a cadillac suv once and they gave her i think it was 9 grand? the next week it was on their lot for 17. So if that doesnt explain it, I dont know what will

Quick Reply: how to calculate trade in value on 1 year old truck?