4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Aggressive looking tire that are good for the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 PM
luckyshotbrooks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aggressive looking tire that are good for the road

Hey guys I know this has been asked a billion time on here but I can't find an answer to what I'm looking for. Im looking to get some new tires that are285/70/17 or 295/70/17. I want an aggressive looking tire thats good for the road. Im not worried about noise as I have exhaust. I just want a tire that looks bad a$$, has good tread life and isnt the bfg all terrain. I had bfg's and I loved them but everyone and their mom has them. Im not worried how they do in mud or snow just interested on the road. Please post pics if you have them. Thanks guys for ya'lls help and time.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM
sergeantnic

Originally Posted by luckyshotbrooks
Hey guys I know this has been asked a billion time on here but I can't find an answer to what I'm looking for. Im looking to get some new tires that are285/70/17 or 295/70/17. I want an aggressive looking tire thats good for the road. Im not worried about noise as I have exhaust. I just want a tire that looks bad a$$, has good tread life and isnt the bfg all terrain. I had bfg's and I loved them but everyone and their mom has them. Im not worried how they do in mud or snow just interested on the road. Please post pics if you have them. Thanks guys for ya'lls help and time.
I'm a fan of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's or the Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM
luckyshotbrooks
Rookie

Ya I like those too but I'm looking for something a little more aggressive. I guess what I want is a mud terrain that can be a daily driver.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so far the WalMart Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/Ts have been real nice for me in mud snow sand gravel and general street driving.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 AM
sergeantnic

Originally Posted by luckyshotbrooks
Ya I like those too but I'm looking for something a little more aggressive. I guess what I want is a mud terrain that can be a daily driver.
You can't really have your cake and eat it too.

Any "mud" terrain tire you get isn't going to get much mileage and almost all of them are going to be loud.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ what he said.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Mickey Thompson MTZ are gonna be an aggressive tire that has good road manners and because of the compound will outlast about any other "mud" tire out there. Only down side is they are a top tier tire and cost like one. My Cepek FCIIs are a pretty aggressive AT/MT hybrid and have been a proven on/off-road tire for years. A little loud, but I've got 32k on mine and still have 90% tread left. Again, as a Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek offering they ain't cheap either, but you'll come out ahead because of the tread life in the long run...

Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 AM
STARK

I just put Nitto Crosstek 285/70/17s on my Ram 1500 and love them. They had a more aggressive look, put are supposed to last longer than some of the other tires out there. Doesnt seem to change my mileage much, but I have only had them a month or so, so it may be too soon to tell for sure. I hated the goodyears that came with my truck, and from what i could tell going from a 275 to 285 was the biggest i could go without any lifts or leveling. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Aggressive looking tire that are good for the road-tire-pic.jpg  
Old 10-22-2011, 12:09 AM
huntergreen
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Mickey Thompson MTZ are gonna be an aggressive tire that has good road manners and because of the compound will outlast about any other "mud" tire out there. Only down side is they are a top tier tire and cost like one. My Cepek FCIIs are a pretty aggressive AT/MT hybrid and have been a proven on/off-road tire for years. A little loud, but I've got 32k on mine and still have 90% tread left. Again, as a Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek offering they ain't cheap either, but you'll come out ahead because of the tread life in the long run...
i see your from florida, so you need a tire that is good in the rain and with stand the hot temps you get. i think FCIIs are rally your only choice for what you want, all the others will either burn up the tread quickley or not handle very well in those afternoon showers.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard good things about the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains. Seems to be a good hybrid on/off road tire. That's what I am hoping to put on my truck in the future.

Quick Reply: Aggressive looking tire that are good for the road