4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Some New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Wow I'm glad I didn't go the HIDextra route then, if it's not that much better than stock...
I think I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking about the look of the headlight housing with just HID bulbs. Now I think you meant how does the light output on the road look. Sorry.

The HIDExtra HIDs are 1000x (literally!) better than stock bulbs. I had to put my stock bulbs in a couple days ago because one of the HID bulbs or ballast is going out and I didn't want to drive with one headlight. The stock bulbs are so pitiful I can barely tell they are on when driving around town at night with other cars and streetlights. I'm totally pleased with the function of the HIDExtra lights, just terribly disappointed with the quality. Mind you, it's not unexpected, since the kit cost me something like $45 but I just wish it would stay working and not be a hassle. I'd be completely willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for the same lights that just work without problems for 5 years.

This is why I'm looking into the Retroshop units. I'm trying to figure out if they are better quality since they are so much more expensive. Anyone have them for a year or longer that can comment on their reliability?

Rob

Old 10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

Are the high and low beams done through the same bulb now? If so, what goes in the lower bulb opening where the high beam bulb was?

Rob

Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
I think I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking about the look of the headlight housing with just HID bulbs. Now I think you meant how does the light output on the road look. Sorry.

The HIDExtra HIDs are 1000x (literally!) better than stock bulbs. I had to put my stock bulbs in a couple days ago because one of the HID bulbs or ballast is going out and I didn't want to drive with one headlight. The stock bulbs are so pitiful I can barely tell they are on when driving around town at night with other cars and streetlights. I'm totally pleased with the function of the HIDExtra lights, just terribly disappointed with the quality. Mind you, it's not unexpected, since the kit cost me something like $45 but I just wish it would stay working and not be a hassle. I'd be completely willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for the same lights that just work without problems for 5 years.

This is why I'm looking into the Retroshop units. I'm trying to figure out if they are better quality since they are so much more expensive. Anyone have them for a year or longer that can comment on their reliability?

Rob
I hear yah on that. I don't know how much the Retro-Solutions are for just the HID's w/ ballasts and all... Mine have worked great, zero flickering w/ mine. Oh man I feel your pain having to go back to stock , I couldn't imagine..

Here's retro-solutions website if you haven't seen it yet... http://retro-solutions.com/

I typed in on Google Retro-Solutions reviews and it brought up tons of pages I didn't go through any of them..just a shot. A lot of guys here go through HIDextra, check some of the other Dodge Forums...

Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
Mike,

Are the high and low beams done through the same bulb now? If so, what goes in the lower bulb opening where the high beam bulb was?

Rob
Well I had dual headlights before and now have the quads so I cant use my High Beam HID's (one of the downfalls to having dual headlights and switching to the quads). I can flash them for 5 seconds and then they shut off and go to the stock Highs... But I knew that before I bought them.

In that lower opening is just a normal high beam bulb, I never use it, the HID low beams are bright enough w/ fogs.

Did I answer your question right? haha

Old 10-18-2011, 07:06 AM
AhmedRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so tell me man how does it work? you send your headlights or do they send you new pair? how much do they cost?....... i love them by the way. i was going to buy a pair off k2motor that has bi xenon projector for 400$ but i think i will change my mind now and check those...... the problem with me will be if they ask me to send them the headlights coz i live on the other of the earth lol.....

Old 10-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AhmedRam
so tell me man how does it work? you send your headlights or do they send you new pair? how much do they cost?....... i love them by the way. i was going to buy a pair off k2motor that has bi xenon projector for 400$ but i think i will change my mind now and check those...... the problem with me will be if they ask me to send them the headlights coz i live on the other of the earth lol.....
I see you live in Egypt...wow! haha. But you just go to Retro Shops website(look at his gallery to see what you like), shoot Jeremy an e-mail and tell him what you want. He can honestly do whatever you'd like...

He can build them from a new set of headlights, then once you get your set installed you could always sell your originals (which is what I did...) E-mail them and they'll hook you up!

Old 10-18-2011, 05:22 PM
roadrnnr
Rookie

Just wondering what you replace if they go out. I have never had projectors.

Also are you saying just regular high beam bulbs go in the bottom light hole and they work with the projectors when you have the system in high beam, (all 4 bulbs will be on?)

Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by roadrnnr
Just wondering what you replace if they go out. I have never had projectors.

Also are you saying just regular high beam bulbs go in the bottom light hole and they work with the projectors when you have the system in high beam, (all 4 bulbs will be on?)
Hah, I just replied to your post on another thread!

When it goes out you just buy a new bulb and replace it..

I have regular High Beam bulbs in the bottom..But w/ HID's there is honestly no need for the High Beams. All four bulbs will not stay on...one of the down falls when going from duals to quads. When I flash my highs all four stay on for about 4-5 seconds then the HID's go out and it's just the crappy stock high beams..

Old 12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
customstar00

Thanks for the good info, I will be doing the same as you I think in the new year. Did you notice any loss of fog light range on either side of the truck at night? Do they still illuminate the ditches well with projectors?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by customstar00
Thanks for the good info, I will be doing the same as you I think in the new year. Did you notice any loss of fog light range on either side of the truck at night? Do they still illuminate the ditches well with projectors?
The HID fog lights are much better than the halogens...I don't have projectors in the Fogs just an HID bulbs and it's so damn bright, I absolutely love them. The regular projectors w/ HID's in the headlights are 30,000,000x better than stock halogen bulbs and give great distance, the HID fogs give a really wide range when driving down the back roads.

Quick Reply: Some New Pics