4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bridgestone Revo 2 review

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bridgestone Revo 2 review

Well, I have had them on my truck now for over 10K miles...

At first they did grip much better than the stock GY tires.
Ride is smooth and not much louder than the stock GY.
Now, with over 10K on them, I would say they are doing no better than the stock GY at grip.
MPG's dropped .5-1MPG over the stock GY, since day 1.
Tread wear... Like the stock GY I will be pushing it to get 35K out of them. So the same as the GY.
Price, to much IMHO given how long they will last me, the drop in MPGs and the grip fading.

Will I repeat, I think that is an obvious no. I think I am going back to a pure street tire when the time comes. And a cheap one!

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...15947&sw=false

Old 10-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found that sometimes the little known brands are actually better quality than the brand name tires and significantly cheaper to boot. I've never had a problem with the stock Goodyear SR-As. I got about 55k out of them on my 2006 Dakota. I was mightily impressed with the set of Dayton Timberline AT/II's I had put on after that though. For a measly $500 including mount and balance I had about 30k on those before trading in on my 2011 Ram and they had plenty of tread life left in them.

Good to read this review though because I had looked at the Revo II as a tire option in the future. Thank you for saving me some hard earned money!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 AM
kddsRam
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I feel the same about the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza. I wanted to stay with a street tire since I have BF Goodrich All Terrain KO on the F150 and did mostly highway riding on them and that was a bad choice. So have about 24k on the Alenza's and they are just as worn as the stock Goodyears were at about same mileage. I was at dealer for some recall work and saw some new Rams with the white letter stock GY Wrangler HP and I will just put a set of these back on since I really had no issues with them other than they only last about 30k. They were pretty good priced from tirerack from what I recall.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by Shibby927
I've never had a problem with the stock Goodyear SR-As. I got about 55k out of them on my 2006 Dakota.
That is what my Ram came with - got 40K out of the rear set and 50K out of the fronts. Not the greatest all season but they are OK and wear well.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by oldjeep
That is what my Ram came with - got 40K out of the rear set and 50K out of the fronts. Not the greatest all season but they are OK and wear well.
Yeah the more miles the more squirrely they got in the snow. I could of probably pushed mine another 5k on my Dakota but I figured that with the horrible winters Iowa has some years it would be wise to swap em out.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Pull Ya
Professional

Your experience witht Revo's is completely different than mine. I thought they were great. One of the best tires on wet pavement I ever had. They lasted about 55k miles. The only real complaint I had was they picked up a lot of rocks in the tread and would throw them all over the lower door and fender panels. They were a little noisey. The stock Goodyear's on these trucks are a POS in my opinion--like driving on ice when the pavement is wet.
Jay

Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 AM
sergeantnic

Good info. I had Dueler Revo's on my old Tahoe but only had about 20,000 miles on them before I traded it in.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My OEM GY's are almost to the wear bars @ about 54K. I am going to go with BFG Long Trail T/A's. I had good luck with them on the 01 F150 that I traded in on my 08 Ram.
If the OEM GY's were about $100 a piece, I would use them a again. Wallyworld want's $208 just for the tire. I can get the BFG's under $200 each mounted, balanced and a free alignment with 4.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Revo 2 review