4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Express models

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Express models

Well it appears Ram is putting on a full court press with the Express model. They now have a QC version and the lots in my area have a number of RC's and QC's in stock. I must admidt the sticker of 6-7K less over a sport and an almost sport look on the outside is appealing, but the inside, well, I am use to the nice things now....

Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 AM
frogslinger
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
Well it appears Ram is putting on a full court press with the Express model. They now have a QC version and the lots in my area have a number of RC's and QC's in stock. I must admidt the sticker of 6-7K less over a sport and an almost sport look on the outside is appealing, but the inside, well, I am use to the nice things now....
I had an 04 regular cab, and the express is way nicer. I think the key is to order it with tow package to get the upgraded DIC, get som catskinz and trade the rims... nice custom truck that leaves you about 2500 to invest into stereo.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Lonewolfjustin

Originally Posted by frogslinger
I had an 04 regular cab, and the express is way nicer. I think the key is to order it with tow package to get the upgraded DIC, get som catskinz and trade the rims... nice custom truck that leaves you about 2500 to invest into stereo.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the upgraded DIC?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The evic express trucks have the base cluster.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Gene K

Its available in Crew Cab now as well.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cmerrit, you can get the base express w/ the EVIC in the cluster if you order it w/ the tow group/package.

I actually went and looked at Express models yesterday...and it brought me back to the realization why I don't want to make another purchase. The salesman had no idea about anything. Then they went to appraise my truck and offered me 16k for it... it's a 2009 w/ 30k. Told them KBB trade in value in good condition and they said KBB is normally over priced by 10k. hah I laughed and walked out.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:05 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Then they went to appraise my truck and offered me 16k for it... it's a 2009 w/ 30k. Told them KBB trade in value in good condition and they said KBB is normally over priced by 10k. hah I laughed and walked out.
Considering I only paid 28K for mine brand new that isn't too suprising. Dodge sold a lot of trucks on 2009 for nowhere near list price. And yours with all of the mods is worth even less to most dealers.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Considering I only paid 28K for mine brand new that isn't too suprising. Dodge sold a lot of trucks on 2009 for nowhere near list price. And yours with all of the mods is worth even less to most dealers.
That's why i'm planning to keep my truck for a very long time. Probably be a bush truck eventually if it makes it that far lol

Old 04-01-2012, 02:44 PM
blackshirt_KC

Yeah, I saw the imposter...it's not nearly as nice as the sport. There's a few other subtle differences that I don't care for--like the black mesh grill.

If they really wanted to separate the two, they should ship the 4.56 gears standard with the sport and keep the lame 3.55's in the express.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
skyjockey
Rookie

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio

lol I felt the other way. I looked at the express vs the sport as well but went with the express. I wanted the nicer dash with full gages but didn't want to spend an extra $6k to get it. Plus I HATED the center console in the sport. I preferred the 3rd seat and open floor personally.

Not sure what options could have been ordered for the express but all the local dealers were similarly equipped. It is also a vehicle with owner customizing it's selling feature so I'll have to add what I can. and save some $$$

Wonder if I can get the better instrument panel out of a wrecked truck and swap it out for full gages??

Quick Reply: Express models