4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Express models

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 PM
War Horse
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that they're making more flavors. I just wished they looked a little less like my Sport. I have a 2009 with a body color TRX grille (black mesh), so other than the quad headlights you can't tell mine from a Express if they were sitting right next to each other.

One thing that I have that the Express owners don't though, a lifetime powertrain warranty. Which because of I'll be driving this truck till the fenders fall off.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional

Originally Posted by skyjockey
I HATED the center console in the sport. I preferred the 3rd seat and open floor personally.
This is why I have an express. Mine has the tow package so i have evic.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 AM
skyjockey
Rookie

Originally Posted by War Horse
One thing that I have that the Express owners don't though, a lifetime powertrain warranty. Which because of I'll be driving this truck till the fenders fall off.
Might have been a thing when you bought yours?? I sure didn't hear of this option in '12? Might have made some difference but still.

Funny about the styling difference. In the current Corvette you can get the Grand Sport package and it basically makes it look like the Z06. It pisses off the Z06 guys because they paid $20k more but from the outside they look pretty much the same

When I bought my '97 Sport it was just everything painted body color package with "Sport" sticker on it. Not sure if that is about it outside still or not or if it's more an interior thing. Either way they are awesome trucks

Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
War Horse
All Star

Originally Posted by skyjockey
Might have been a thing when you bought yours?? I sure didn't hear of this option in '12? Might have made some difference but still.
Yes, it was only offered from 2007 to 2009 I believe. As soon as the old Chrysler declared bankruptcy it was one of the first things to go.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Sch123
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New/replace clust?

That's an interesting idea. Does anyone know if one can buy full display instrument cluster from salvage and install in express? And have it all work?

Quick Reply: Express models