4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Xm instead of sirius?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xm instead of sirius?

I'm kinda curious if anyone (probably more Canada) has switched their internal sirus radio over to xm or if its even possible. I own a sisrius account on my truck and also an xm radio account for when I work, but here in canada sirius and xm have diff channels, like nhl is only on xm which is probably the dumbest setup ever. Basically can I switch to xm internally in my truck so I can listen to hockey games.

Go habs go

Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
frogslinger
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InterpunX
I'm kinda curious if anyone (probably more Canada) has switched their internal sirus radio over to xm or if its even possible. I own a sisrius account on my truck and also an xm radio account for when I work, but here in canada sirius and xm have diff channels, like nhl is only on xm which is probably the dumbest setup ever. Basically can I switch to xm internally in my truck so I can listen to hockey games.

Go habs go
I beleive you cannot... although they are the same company the premerger antecedents used ver different though related technologies. The short version is that the actual satellites that sirius uses are not the same ones that xm uses. The actual signals come in on different frequencies so you would physically have to change your antenna and some other internal hardware to get it to work.

Best bet is to buy an XM plug in device and run it through the mini jack on the front of the stereo.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:47 PM
jawsdc
Veteran

no f-ing world series on Sirius but XM has it. i don't understand it...

Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Nate769
All Star

I didnt tell you this

You can get a US subscription here in Canada, lets just say they don't check living address to your billing address. So if the guys in the states that have the "best of XM" on their sirius get those channels it is possible...

Quick Reply: Xm instead of sirius?