4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

sport hood and quality control

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
WaySlowWhitey
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the dealer 'force' you to buy a truck with all these issues? Iif I recall correctly I was the one who decided to buy my truck. That said, my sport hood fits just fine. If it didn't, I wouldn't have bought the truck.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shibby927
Funny your truck seems to have poor paint, vibrations, and a littany of issues and you blame it all on the company. Perhaps you should of looked this truck over before you decided to just go ahead and buy it. I guess if I was going to drop $45k on a truck I would probably be inspecting it pretty closely to make sure it's perfect. If it had such imperfections you should of noticed them before you bought it. If you have complaints about it, incessantly whining about them on the forums will get you nowhere. You should probably be hitting up the Better Business Bureau or looking into your state's lemon laws if your truck is that bad.

As for hood fitment there are literally like four bolts that hold the hood on. Loosen them up and adjust the positioning of the hood until you get it where you like it.
I just love how some of you people in here just get all worked up when someone says something bad about a dodge truck. In your opinion, dodge can do no wrong and they`re perfect. In YOUR opinion, its perfectly ok to praise such sh!ty quality, and others that buy these trucks that have problems, its not ok for them to vent. Hmmmmm, makes me wonder what YOUR standard of quality is. My standards must be alot higher, especially for what i paid for this piece of ****. Maybe if you didnt have a blind eye to the problems with these trucks, you might see that your truck is no different in quality. For what they charge for these trucks when you buy them brand new, you would expect a quality vehicle, and you should not have to pick the truck apart when buying it either. The original post was started about bad quality, and you jump right in here just bashing on people because they`re pizzed about sh!ty quality. If these types of posts/threads bother you, then go find something else to do. People in here have the same right as you do in here to either praise or complain.

And by the way SHIBBY927, maybe you should practice what you preach.
Pertaining to "If you dont like don't read the thread and don't comment on it"
Go back and read what you wrote on thread number #19 and think about that before you bash the next person.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...ms-look-2.html

Last edited by LU229; 11-17-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by WaySlowWhitey
Did the dealer 'force' you to buy a truck with all these issues? Iif I recall correctly I was the one who decided to buy my truck. That said, my sport hood fits just fine. If it didn't, I wouldn't have bought the truck.
REALLY...????? YOUR truck is THAT perfect...?????
You give me 2 minutes with YOUR truck, and i`ll point out everything wrong with it, then you`ll have a different point of view of the quality.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
RX1_NS
Amateur

well said LU229

Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by RX1_NS
well said LU229
Thanks RX1, i really do appreciate the confidence vote on my behalf....
i`m just so sick and tired of being jumped on in these forums for speaking the truth when some of us KNOW these trucks have stupid issues that could have been avoided by the factory. Sometimes the truth does hurt. Besides all that, where, did it ever say when i joined this forum, that i could ONLY blow smoke up dodge`s azz, or anybody else`s truck for that matter, and i wasnt allowed to bash dodge for bad quality, or give it right back to others that bash on me for what i write. Too many people on these (dodge) forums think dodge is perfect and they build the best truck in the world. If THAT were true, how come they`ve NEVER been number one in sales or for quality. The only logical reason i bought a dodge, was because they had the cheaper deal and the best intrest rate, otherwise, i would have NOT bought it because they`ve NEVER been known for quality. Anyhow, i`m not trying to hi-jack the post/thread, just puttin my 2 cents in whether people like it or not.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

You get jumped because you are constantly whining. Why would I need to take my advice here? I don't have a problem with this thread. I swapped hoods on my truck from stock to sport and I was simply suggesting that the original poster adjust the hood to his liking. If you had one shred of common sense you'd probably be able to figure out that people are going to get tired of your rude remarks and non stop bitching ABOUT DODGE ON A DODGE FORUM. You shouldn't of bought the truck if it had so many issues since you yourself professed that you can see what's wrong with a truck in a couple of minutes. The forums are for enthusiasts and people who have questions or need help. They are not for whining, ranting, raving, and bitching about a truck that you were too stupid to look over before you bought it. It would be one thing if you posted one thread explaining the issues you've had but you fly around to everyone else's repeatedly bashing on Dodge, Chrysler, and even the mods on this website for that matter. Hell they posted a thread about a new Ram police truck and you go on insulting police officers calling them all idiots and saying they don't know how to drive. Classy...

Oh and when did I ever say my truck was perfect? I simply stated I haven't had any issues with my truck. I'm guessing that's because I looked it over before I bought it to make sure it was free of blemishes. I also researched my dealership to make sure they had good all around reviews and shopped around for a good sales person. That doesn't mean my truck is perfect and that it won't have any problems down the road but I understand that I might have problems and know how to deal with them. I had an FCM go bad on my 2006 Dakota a couple of years ago. I ended up battling Chrysler over it through the Better Business Bureau before they caved and paid for the $600 FCM. Perhaps you should try to go that route because sitting on here pissing and moaning is not going to get you anywhere. Better yet look up the Lemon Laws in your State. Since your truck basically seems to be completely falling apart one might think it could be a lemon which happens from time to time.

When multiple people give you crap about your opinions and your attitude in general that probably suggests that your behavior might be a little out of line. If I am not mistaken you mentioned having issues on Ramforumz or another forum as well.

Last edited by Shibby927; 11-18-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
LU229
Banned

Sorry guys, i dont meen to take this posting/thread over or hi-jack it in any way, but i have to apoligize for being such an azz lately. I`m just all wound up over this truck since i bought it, its been one thing right after another with it and i`m getting no help from the dealer. Its the first time i`ve ever paid this much for a vehicle and its just really been not a good experience for me. I`ve went off on some people on another forum and now i`m banned from it for life. But thats done and overwith now. So again, my deepest apology to you all. I will definately tone it down from here on out. I dont want to get banned from here too. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i hope the original poster dosent get upset with me taking up some time here.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

It's cool. I think we can all understand you're frustrated man. Sorry to go off on you as well. If you're having problems most guys on here are pretty helpful. Just ask and usually people will help you out themselves or make referrals to others who can.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 PM
6t4gto

I would try a different dealer in your area.I drive 20 miles to another dealer because I don't like the local one...JB.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 AM
red2011bighorn
Rookie

yeah some dealers are poor quality some are 5 star and some are mix and match with poor and 5 star depends on management overall and each department manager but check with another dealer on getting the issues fixed because one dealer didnt even test drive my truck to see what was wrong with it and the next one i took it to test drove it and explained the whole thing to me so you just have to take it day by day.

Quick Reply: sport hood and quality control