4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

sport hood and quality control

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Lie2me
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport hood and quality control

Is anyone else disappointed on the fit of the the hood? The more and more I look at this truck the more I find issues with **** poor quality control. Maybe I'm just venting, but it pisses me off. The hood does not fit well in the front and rear passenger side. Yes, worthless without pictures. Fit and finish has been discussed on the new rams, but there are just so many small issues that seem to add up. For instance...dodge is going to repaint my front bumper, paint on the entire truck is thin, there are MULTIPLE issues with crap under the paint, the grill is color matched....kinda. Front and rear door do not have clean lines, front door is taller....by design? Doubt it. How about the gaps around the factory headlights? I guess I;m asking a bit much from an American truck, but the two 4 fords and nissan trucks I've own have never had issues like this directly off the showroom floor. This is Lie's last Ram until they get their sh*t together. Still Love the truck, just expect a polished product with the coin I dropped on this product. rAMT COMPLETE.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:33 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

my dads 2008 hood hangs over the fenders by 1/4" on each side, you can see and feel it.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdram43
my dads 2008 hood hangs over the fenders by 1/4" on each side, you can see and feel it.
3rd Gens body gaps were not good. That is one thing I thought the 4th Gen shined on over the 3rd. My panels fit great.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a performance hood, but I also do not notice any kind of issues that you are stating...I have not taken a real GOOD look at it, but if I cant see it walking in and out of my truck and just glancing over i'm not really worried. Maybe it was like you said quality control...

Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 AM
LU229
Banned

My 2010 QC 4x4 Hemi Sport has a VERY pizz poor paint job. Very thin in spots everywhere, and not to mention, ther is so much dirt UNDER the paint that i`m ashamed to even have bought the dam truck for what i paid for it. The next truck i buy wont be a dodge. The quality is just pizz poor everywhere with this truck. I paid $45,000 for a fully loaded piece of ****. The dodge dealerships are even worse than the products that they sell. Totally worthless..!

Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 PM
RX1_NS
Amateur

i also bought 2 dodges one trip. first and last haha. same here paint is junk they had to paint the front of the box where the rivets were to the head board of the box. also there is rust spots through the paint everywheres else on the truck same thing dealer is just F#@$@# the dog. also put 2 sets of tie rods, one under warrenty but both sets were bad, axle seals, and evaporator in the a/c had to dash and seats out to put it in now i got a bunch of new rattles. can't wait to unload this truck

Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by RX1_NS
i also bought 2 dodges one trip. first and last haha. same here paint is junk they had to paint the front of the box where the rivets were to the head board of the box. also there is rust spots through the paint everywheres else on the truck same thing dealer is just F#@$@# the dog. also put 2 sets of tie rods, one under warrenty but both sets were bad, axle seals, and evaporator in the a/c had to dash and seats out to put it in now i got a bunch of new rattles. can't wait to unload this truck
All these things you mention were all warranty were they not. I had my dash apart myself 4 times changing out radios, 2 upgrades and installing the LockPick. Once to be sure the wiring I did was clean and out of the way of the wiring behind when it went in to get the heater/defrost door replaced.
I can tell you a story about a brother inlaw of mine who used to drive a $60,000 Harley Davidson Diesel Ford. 3 engines, 2 fires, rust, broken rear springs, all kinds of other issues, when they had a big change over, just like RAM went thru and also with the bankruptcy and parts shortages, a lot of the issues were linked to that. My 09 has had it's share but they have all been taken care of without issue, including replacing rims and running boards. Other than that this trucks fit and finish is pretty good, I used to inspect paint off the line at Chrysler and well there are a few things I would have put it back on the line for but not enough to do it under warranty. I prefer the factory baked paint.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Xdcinc

IM confused did you look at the bad paint at the dealership before you paid all that money? Did you not notice if the hood did not fit right? Or are we just wanting to bitch?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LU229
My 2010 QC 4x4 Hemi Sport has a VERY pizz poor paint job. Very thin in spots everywhere, and not to mention, ther is so much dirt UNDER the paint that i`m ashamed to even have bought the dam truck for what i paid for it. The next truck i buy wont be a dodge. The quality is just pizz poor everywhere with this truck. I paid $45,000 for a fully loaded piece of ****. The dodge dealerships are even worse than the products that they sell. Totally worthless..!
Funny your truck seems to have poor paint, vibrations, and a littany of issues and you blame it all on the company. Perhaps you should of looked this truck over before you decided to just go ahead and buy it. I guess if I was going to drop $45k on a truck I would probably be inspecting it pretty closely to make sure it's perfect. If it had such imperfections you should of noticed them before you bought it. If you have complaints about it, incessantly whining about them on the forums will get you nowhere. You should probably be hitting up the Better Business Bureau or looking into your state's lemon laws if your truck is that bad.

As for hood fitment there are literally like four bolts that hold the hood on. Loosen them up and adjust the positioning of the hood until you get it where you like it.

Last edited by Shibby927; 11-17-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
6t4gto

Did not see any fit issues on my sport hood.......Paint had a few specs of dirt,but nothing the clay bar would not fix.......JB.

Quick Reply: sport hood and quality control