4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Detailing and Cleaning
Print Wikipost

100 km/hr wind gusts + crappy roofing job =

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Midnite-CTD
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6t4gto
Time for a Sport hood.......JB.
The thought crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure what else was available or what the cost difference would be? Anyone have links or info on any options??

Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6t4gto
Time for a Sport hood.......JB.
Would the sport hood fit the 2500? Isn't the front grill a little bigger on the 2500's? But a sport hood would be effin sweeeeet!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Midnite-CTD
Amateur
Default And the carnage continues...

With renewed wind gust over 100 km/hr again today, a slight wind shift, he is losing more shingles and once again my truck is on the recieving end.
Name:  IMG_5076.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  83.1 KB

That was only a few minutes ago. He came by to ask if I would move my truck because it got hit again. WTF?!? It is parked in my driveway!! I'm at a loss now as to what I should do. DW is on the phone with the insurance company, but what about down the road? I need to hide my truck every time the wind comes up??

I need a beer...

Old 11-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnite-CTD
With renewed wind gust over 100 km/hr again today, a slight wind shift, he is losing more shingles and once again my truck is on the recieving end.

That was only a few minutes ago. He came by to ask if I would move my truck because it got hit again. WTF?!? It is parked in my driveway!! I'm at a loss now as to what I should do. DW is on the phone with the insurance company, but what about down the road? I need to hide my truck every time the wind comes up??

I need a beer...
I hear ya bro...we are getting nailed up here too, my windspeed tells me 103!
I live out in the country almost right next to the number 2...just in the area I can see I count 3 overturned semis, the highway is closed going south because of it. Shingles everywhere too.... I feel your pain, just not with my truck yet *knock on wood*

Old 11-27-2011, 07:02 PM
RAMULAK
Captain

Hopefully you are getting video of the wind and missing shingles on his roof for your records.
This happened to my wife's rav4 as well. The guys were roofing and simply throwing shingles off the roof. Two stuck together and hit my wife's hood. Scratched the hood and as they slid off the top they scratched her headlight lenses, and her front bumper. I got bids for over $1500.00 to repaint and fix the lens.
I feel bad for you. Sucks that the truck is so new. And it would suck if it was old too......

Old 11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Midnite-CTD
Amateur

Thanks guys, I knew people here would understand! Lol!

It's just so damn frustrating 'cause wind is a fact of life here, and I can't keep making claims without my insurance going up.

On top of it all, we are now on evacuation standby due to grass fires just southwest of us

Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Nate769
All Star

Thanks guys, I knew people here would understand! Lol!

It's just so damn frustrating 'cause wind is a fact of life here, and I can't keep making claims without my insurance going up.

On top of it all, we are now on evacuation standby due to grass fires just southwest of us
and 3 hours north of you we have 4 inches of snow on the ground....

stupid Alberta weather! Hope everything goes alright for you down there...

Old 11-28-2011, 12:36 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

So after talking to the neighbor, his insurance won't cover anything on his house, or my truck, since he did it himself and he didn't do it right. (He didn't tab any of the shingles)

My insurance is covering it under comprehensive, so it won't affect my insurance rates at all, and the neighbor is paying the deductable out of his pocket, so it will all work out I guess. Now I just have to get the truck in for an estimate.

Anyone know what a new hood is worth? I'm hoping it won't be worth the cost of repairing mine, as I would rather know there is no bondo or anything like that on the hood, since it's the one part of the truck that flexes and gets slammed regularily?

Now I jujst hope it won't happen again since high winds are kind of a regular occurance here...

It will happen again, the whole roof needs re-done. I do this for a living

Old 11-28-2011, 12:40 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

You should call your local city plans & permitting, who ever is in charge of permits, and inspectors coming out. Your neighbor will be cited and may have to re-roof. Whats happening is no different than if he were sitting there throwing golf ***** at your truck. its his f$%& up, so he needs to feel it.

This is why I tell homeowners to not be cheap bastards, and just do the $h!t right from the start.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Would the sport hood fit the 2500? Isn't the front grill a little bigger on the 2500's? But a sport hood would be effin sweeeeet!
I keep wondering the same thing, however they always say 1500 only on every site.

Quick Reply: 100 km/hr wind gusts + crappy roofing job =