4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

10 ram 1500, mopar 4" lift, 4wd problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:46 PM
coffeeroast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 ram 1500, mopar 4" lift, 4wd problems

My 2010 Laramie 1500 has a dealer installed 4" mopar lift and had 15,000 miles on it when the problems started. I have never abused my truck and hardly taken off road. My transfer case was making a clunking sound and only only one tire would spin in 4hi or 4lo under heavy load offroad. Dealer said nothing wrong and I had to show them the problem. I loaded 1500 lbs of rock in the bed and stood on the brake and gas and demonstrated. Service tech says "Ok, thats not normal. Probably the chain skipping".
Ten days in the shop. Turns out, it's not the chain, its a bent front driveshaft. I dont know how that could have happened but I noticed the angle out of that transfer case is pretty steep and almost touches the output collar of the transfer case just sitting on flat ground. I got my truck back a couple weeks ago and before I even try to put it into 4wd, the service 4wd light comes on and it the 4wd indicator light just blinks when I try to engage 4wd.
I have brought my truck in three times for the four wheel drive already. I have not had working four wheel drive for almost half the time I owned this truck. I love this truck, but I feel like I'm dating a super hot chick that won't put out. Anybody else out there having issues with the 4wd? Is it the Mopar lift causing the problems? Is there a way of improving the driveshaft angle?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
MiRamDriver
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be a drive shaft spacer between it and the front diff. Most dealerships are retarded and have done just a few lifts so they are pretty much useless... Check to see if you have the spacer, that may be your problem...

Quick Reply: 10 ram 1500, mopar 4" lift, 4wd problems