4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Any "Deals" out there for Sirius?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any "Deals" out there for Sirius?

What's the latest going rate & best deal for Sirius satellite radio? I see over on the Acura TL forum (my wife has an Acura) that if you use the "cancel" word that XM will transfer you to customer retention and give you "XM Everything" (audio package only) for $77 a year. (we're on our 4th year using the same deal)

Anyone tried anything similar with SIRIUS?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:34 PM
thmupr
Professional

I used to get great deals with XM, but since I now have Sirius, I have been nothing but disappointed in their customer service. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone last year because the multiple radio discount they were trying to get me into was actually more than if I had each radio on complete separate accounts!! The genius on the other end of the phone just couldn't understand why I wasn't thrilled to pay more. Really the sound quality if Sirius is poor compared to XM also. I often hear the stations sounding as if they are fading in and out and the frequency response seems no better than FM. I'll keep i Sirius if I can get a deal, but no way will I pay full price.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 PM
kpevin
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best 'deal price' on sirius is 99.00 or something like that a year, 2nd radio is 70 something. Thats the best I could get anyhow.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
706jim
Veteran

Well, there was a 5 month $25 deal with a $20 gift card.
Couldn't beat that, but I REFUSED to let them renew the service once it was done.
It actually lasted for about 6 months and was then cut off.
Maybe something else will come along in a few months, but for now, no Sirius!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Originally Posted by Capn Preshoot
What's the latest going rate & best deal for Sirius satellite radio? I see over on the Acura TL forum (my wife has an Acura) that if you use the "cancel" word that XM will transfer you to customer retention and give you "XM Everything" (audio package only) for $77 a year. (we're on our 4th year using the same deal)

Anyone tried anything similar with SIRIUS?
Every year with Sirius, we play the same game. They send a bill for 149.00, I call to cancel, they offer this 82.00 deal. This is for a 1 year subscription. They mail the new bill and I use a billpay service to pay it since they would just auto renew to a credit card at the high renewal rip off rate. It's nice to have the satellite service though since we get no cell service at camp for Pandora through the phone in aux jack but I would cancel over paying the regular rates.

Last edited by kddsRam; 01-25-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM
464jet
Rookie

I just renewed two radios for 119.95 total for 1 yr. I go through the same hassle every year and when I tell them to cancel both radios, they give me the same deal every year. One penny more I'm out.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also cancelled my subscription and they tried selling me all kinds of deals, they asked why i was cancelling and told them because i don't have nhl channels (Canada). Told them it was the dumbest thing not to have nhl channels on sirius canada, my plan was to subscribe with a U.S. address to get the best of xm and get the nhl channels.

Does anyone know if they still have the lifetime subscription available.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional

Originally Posted by InterpunX
I also cancelled my subscription and they tried selling me all kinds of deals, they asked why i was cancelling and told them because i don't have nhl channels (Canada). Told them it was the dumbest thing not to have nhl channels on sirius canada, my plan was to subscribe with a U.S. address to get the best of xm and get the nhl channels.

Does anyone know if they still have the lifetime subscription available.
Whose lifetime, theirs or yours? At one time both Sirius & XM were literally circling the drain. Post-merger things are only a little better, but they have stiff competition from the iPod, etc. crowd. While I might go year-to-year with them I don't think a lifetime sub is a wise investment (IMO).

Indeed, the "CANCEL" phrase is the magic button to get your call transferred to their customer retention department and it is equally important that you request "invoice billing" rather than leaving your Cr.Cd. information on file, because they WILL auto-renew on you because your contract contains an evergreen clause.

Once getting your cheap deal and setting up 'invoice billing' they will then send occasional emails offering you a $10 credit if you'll switch to Cr.Cd. payment because they know you'll forget about it & they'll cheerfully auto-renew you at the FULL SUBSCRIPTION PRICE when your 'deal' expires. For this same reason it is important to set up a reminder on your Calendar to nudge you about 10 days ahead of time, so you can call and "Cancel" again.

As I said earlier, I'm on my 4th year with XM in my wife's car and so far have always been able to get a $77 OR CHEAPER annual rate. By cheaper, I mean that my present 12 mo. XM subscription is $69.13 this year, for the "XM-Everything" deal (which includes the sports package).

I was merely curious if anyone had tried this "CANCEL" deal with Sirius and if so, how good of a deal were you able to get them down to?

Interestingly, upon recently buying my "pre-owned" 2010 Ram, I called Sirius and asked about the 90-day free trial that comes with new vehicles. Yessir, it's available for the pre-owned buyers as well, all they need is the EIN of the radio and the name & telephone number of the dealership you bought it (the truck or car) from. Took about 10 mins to get set up.

I'm sure they'll be sending me something as my 90-day trial starts to run out, so I'll have to see just how hungry they are to have me as a paying subscriber.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
thmupr
Professional

I tried the "Cancel" last year with Sirius... The customer service is so poor that the beeotch on the other end simply said "no problem, I can cancel this for you now", and I promptly said "yes you can"! I then got a call back from them about a week later wanting me to renew, so I then spent an hour on the phone explaining why I canceled and getting a deal good enough for me to come back. It just shouldn't be that hard to get a decent deal.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional

Originally Posted by thmupr
I tried the "Cancel" last year with Sirius... The customer service is so poor that the beeotch on the other end simply said "no problem, I can cancel this for you now", and I promptly said "yes you can"! I then got a call back from them about a week later wanting me to renew, so I then spent an hour on the phone explaining why I canceled and getting a deal good enough for me to come back. It just shouldn't be that hard to get a decent deal.
XM tried that with me 1 time (the long, drawn-out phone conversation). After the first 15 minutes I told the CSR that they had only 10 minutes more before I was going to hang up because I knew I was being jerked around or else they were incompetent.

Quick Reply: Any "Deals" out there for Sirius?