4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How long have you waited for your 2012 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
ram1500rem
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long have you waited for your 2012 Ram

Here in Canada, not having access to the VOTS, we have to wait for our dealer to call us when our Ram is at the ***. Plant.

How long have you waited before you got your new 2012 Ram ???

Me its been 5 weeks of unspeakable wait and still no news yet...

Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
iskybantilus
Professional

my buddy ordered his 2500 early january and got his last week ... i think it was about 6 or 7 weeks?

Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ram1500rem
Here in Canada, not having access to the VOTS, we have to wait for our dealer to call us when our Ram is at the ***. Plant.

How long have you waited before you got your new 2012 Ram ???

Me its been 5 weeks of unspeakable wait and still no news yet...

Ram1500,

Do you have a vin or a von? If so PM me with it and I can look up where your vehicle is at in the assembly and ship process.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 PM
ram1500rem
Amateur

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Ram1500,

Do you have a vin or a von? If so PM me with it and I can look up where your vehicle is at in the assembly and ship process.

I've PM you a few minutes ago...

Mucho thanks...

Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Generally speaking 6 to 8 weeks. Where it needs to be delivered also impacts it.

There are also other factors like planned plant shutdowns and part shortages on an option you may have picked. If on hold due to an option your dealer should be able to tell you that.

Also when ordering ask the dealer what they currently have on order. They may have something close and if it is not to far in the process that can change it for you. This can shave a week or two.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 PM
ram1500rem
Amateur

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
Generally speaking 6 to 8 weeks. Where it needs to be delivered also impacts it.

There are also other factors like planned plant shutdowns and part shortages on an option you may have picked. If on hold due to an option your dealer should be able to tell you that.

Also when ordering ask the dealer what they currently have on order. They may have something close and if it is not to far in the process that can change it for you. This can shave a week or two.

Thanks for the info..

In my case, my truck is made at the Warren *** Plant as it is a RAM 1500 ST Quad Cab DS1L41 trim. Option installed at the plant are : Class IV Hitch, Trailer Break Assit w/ EVIC and LT tires. All the other options (Remote Start, Tonneau cover..) are done directly at the dealer.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ram1500rem
Thanks for the info..

In my case, my truck is made at the Warren *** Plant as it is a RAM 1500 ST Quad Cab DS1L41 trim. Option installed at the plant are : Class IV Hitch, Trailer Break Assit w/ EVIC and LT tires. All the other options (Remote Start, Tonneau cover..) are done directly at the dealer.

Ram1500,

I PM'd you the latest info I have with regards to the delivery date.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Cobrajr122

How long does it usually take for a truck to be made?
My dealer told me that my truck started production back on the 16th of Feb, and since then he said that he is still waiting for a VIN from the factory!

The lack of VOTS up here sucks.

I ordered my truck back in December and was hopeing to have it delivered by the week of 12 March at the latest, especially when the dealer thought that it might have been in a couple weeks ago.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 AM
ram1500rem
Amateur

I Guess it all depends on your choosen options. As stated by most of the people, 8 to 12 weeks is the average.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional

Originally Posted by Cobrajr122
How long does it usually take for a truck to be made?
My dealer told me that my truck started production back on the 16th of Feb, and since then he said that he is still waiting for a VIN from the factory!

The lack of VOTS up here sucks.

I ordered my truck back in December and was hopeing to have it delivered by the week of 12 March at the latest, especially when the dealer thought that it might have been in a couple weeks ago.
Your truck could possibly have been made by now but I see you live in New Brunswick which means the vehicle would have to sit in a rail yard waiting for a rail car depending on there availability has to be loaded along with hundreds of other ones sits on a siding until the train going to your area is full, when it arrives it sits on a siding until it is unloaded then parked in a compound until it is released to auto carrier transport to pick it up then they have to make it into a load going to wherever you live pick it up load it deliver to your dealer, then he has to inspect it upon delivery and pdi it before you ever see it then calls you that your unit is in, it all takes time, be patient, it's like waiting for chrismas it will come.

Quick Reply: How long have you waited for your 2012 Ram