4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New 2013 ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 AM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 2013 ram

Well looks like the new ram added quite a few features which I like alot.. Few things I like is that it has projector headlights and led taillights. I think Chrysler is doing a good job with all the newer vehicles, led on all vehicles, which is already ahead of all the other big four.. Another one I readwas self leveling air suspension that raises the truck up to 4 inches... I really like it and I think some guys might regret buying some 2012s.. With all these lil changes I seriously think ram is ahead of all other truck makers, now it's just to see if the diffs will hold up lol, or how that 8 speed tranny performs with the 395 hp hemi... What do you guys think of this giant.
http://www.insideline.com/ram/ram-pi...auto-show.html

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 AM
InterpunX
Captain
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ehhhhh....the interior looks extremely sharp. I'm not a fan of the new front end as much. The grille looks to be almost to high now...taking away from the lower hood look which gave it that "meaner" look. IMO...But still it's a gorgeous looking truck!

Curious to see how the 8spd holds up as well...I'm not a fan of all these gadgets they put in these trucks bc it seems to be problems after problem to line up down the road (all manufactures) for anyone who keeps a truck for longer than three years.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
cheapthrills
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like some great improvements, I'd wait until the 8 speed is available on the Hemi, might have to trade in the 09.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
jaflowers
Professional

sounds like alot of nice changes from my 09 but it'd be pretty tough to give up my lifetime warranty.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no issue with the bigger grill and most interior changes, but no gear shifter, now a ****? I do not like that idea. http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...#photo-4931359 A shifter can be used much faster than a ****. I hope this is not a trend.

I feel good about my 12 purchase now. Not from the standpoint of the design changes, most of them I would probably like, but from the tranny issue. I did not want to be the first to drive a 1500 with an 8 speed. It will work nicely now. In 3-4 years I will be getting one that is proven, rather than proving and working out those bugs for future owners. I broke my cardinal rule in 09, never buy a truck in its first model year, well, this is really not a completely new model, but that tranny scares me a little (as does the suspension changes). Lets see how it does in the real world is my take.

Oh, I was also worried about the hood. I still can not tell if the hood was altered at all?? If it was altered my concern was the availablity of the sport hood. Seems like things like those lag a year or two behind the initial debut.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 04-05-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
DomsDodgeDingo
Professional

I am psyched for this new Ram! I will be trading in my Durango for one when ot hits showroom floors. Finally Chrysler gets rid of the craptastic 5-speed! And it gets excellent fuel economy to. I dont know if I like the **** shifter, but it looks really cool IMO

Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Summit

8 speed tranny, better lights, and air lift susp., are very nice improvements. Don't care for the **** shifter though.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:34 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Electric power steering - no thanks. The rest of it looks fine. The article that talks about the significant weight savings is pretty funny though. They come up with about 100lbs on a truck that weighs 5600. And the hood was already aluminum on the gen 4 - how did they take another 26lbs off that?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
mmullengs
Amateur

quite a sweet looking truck, i sure would like to see if the head lights are compatible with years 09-12. Guess you could call this a gen 4.5

Quick Reply: New 2013 ram