4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Aftermarket seats or a way to make them comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Dunn Brave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re:headrests

Hi Jeep,,,, It works just fine,,, you have to release both ajustment clips at the same time and have someone pull the head rest straight up and out of its mounting sockets... Turn the head rest 180 degrees with it angleing back and reinstall.... My wife is short and that's the first com;laint she had was the head rest pushing on top of her head.... It works ,,, I've already done it.. I don't know if it works on anything prior to the 09,,, My truck is a 2012 Sport.. Cheers D

Old 08-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Arachnyd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dunn Brave
Hi Jeep,,,, It works just fine,,, you have to release both ajustment clips at the same time and have someone pull the head rest straight up and out of its mounting sockets... Turn the head rest 180 degrees with it angleing back and reinstall.... My wife is short and that's the first com;laint she had was the head rest pushing on top of her head.... It works ,,, I've already done it.. I don't know if it works on anything prior to the 09,,, My truck is a 2012 Sport.. Cheers D
Thats what I ended up doing on my 2011 about 3 months ago... Its a LOT better. The only problem is I'm worried about breaking my neck in an accident... Hopefully its still sufficient?? haha.

I still think these seats are terribly uncomfortable. I certainly complained to Dodge about it already. It looks like it would be comfortable only if you are exactly the same size the seat is designed for. The top of the seat is harder than the middle, but since my back hits the top of the seat, it forces my back to curve unnaturally. I'm looking into some other seat options, but I've owned 28 vehicles including 2 dodge rams and 2 jeeps, and this is the FIRST car I've ever considered actually painful to sit in!

Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Dunn Brave
Wink Re:headrests

Hi Arachnyd,,, don't be afraid of the head rest,, I sure it will catch U just after that 200 mph punch in the face from the air bag.,,, U won't feel a thing..lol D

Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Unfortunately I don't believe many manufactures bank on 6' 9" humans when designing the comfort level of their interior seats. I have a friend that's 6' 8", he "HATES" anything with a sunroof. I'm only 6', and my opinion is totally different, having two third generation Rams prior to my '09, I love these seats, great support all around, but if I were 9" taller, I could certainly see your issues.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:02 AM
madmikesmech
Professional

Corey, I like the idea of the power seats WITH HEAT!!!
do you have any pics of this mod??

Old 03-22-2018, 10:44 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I could never get comfortable in my 2012 Ram. Got rid of it and now I drive a 2006 300c Heritage model with SRT seats in it. Definitely more comfortable.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seats or a way to make them comfortable?