4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Harley Davidson Ram 1500!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012 | 04:39 PM
chris_smith-1986
|
Post Harley Davidson Ram 1500!

While I was out and about in Edmonton yesterday, something caught my eye. A 1 of 1 Harley Edition am 1500! Looked absolutely nice.

I talked with a Ford sales associate last year and he had said something along the lines of Harley didnt sign on with Ford for the 2012's and they were in talks with Dodge. it would have been awesome if they did sig with odge because the pkg's they put out for the Fords are beautiful inside and outside the truck.

Does anyone else have anything on the said topic?

PS The truck was bought in Edmonton at Grove Dodge/Chrysler

Old 08-15-2012 | 08:36 PM
Nate769
All Star

I vote no... Honestly I HATE the looks of those trucks. Might be coupled with the fact that it is a ford and they all look ugly to me. But honestly IMO why would you pay that extra cash just to have the harley name on it? The Laramie has pretty much the exact same features. Count out the 22" rims and the 6.2L motor and your basically already there. I'm pretty sure the price is quite a bit different too. Not to mention dodge already has 11 different 1500 models, whats the need for another one???
Besides the Harley is a bike, not a truck! Sorry thats JMO, but I have a hate on for that truck.

Old 08-15-2012 | 10:12 PM
12Sport
Professional

The ford hd version would have been just as nice without the hd advertising on it. The hd marketing schtick never worked for me with ford and does nothing for me if chrysler does it either. I have a black sport now and harley davidson badges stuck to would be a step backward. I like harleys but keep the name on the bikes.

Old 08-15-2012 | 10:14 PM
War Horse
All Star

I like Fords, but I've never been a huge fan of the HD versions. They've had a lot of tech and options which were nice, and eventually bled over to the mainline, but the majority of it was just badges and bright colors. Then there's the sticker shock that comes with a HD model. It's been a few years since I saw the sticker for one, but it was insane!

I'd much rather see RAM pay proper attention to the current models they have. I'd love to see the R/T get the love it deserves, and don't even get me started on how I lust for a 6.4L or V10 SRT.

Old 08-16-2012 | 12:01 AM
chris_smith-1986
|

I couldn't care for the exterior badging myself but I'm sold on the lavish interiors that both ford and dodge have in their premium line up.

I'm on no bandwagon when it comes to truck manufacture preference although I prefer something domestic whether it's a ford dodge or gm vehicle

Old 08-16-2012 | 10:11 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional

Advertising motorcycles on trucks imo don't look right, why doesn't Harley put Ram logos on there bikes and see how that goes over.

Old 08-26-2012 | 03:53 PM
crod
All Star

I was looking at them online. Seems they get u hooked if u want the big motor and the "sport" painted bumper, like the ram. It's the only one in the lineup like it.
I'm a debadging kin of guy, so i was jokingly telling my co workers I would buy it and strip all the emblems, stickers off of the outside....lol

Old 08-26-2012 | 06:11 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Harley on any pickup=gay

Old 11-22-2013 | 01:54 PM
Dogmeat

I have a 2007 HD verison and love it.
Awesome look and sweet interior.

Old 11-22-2013 | 10:49 PM
LU229
Banned

Sorry, but stickers and badges dont make a truck, a truck, i dont care WHO puts their name in the center of the grill. (i just dont see the additional cost for it, i actually think its pretty stupid myself) I own several harleys, but you`ll NEVER see a badged up HD edition truck sitting in my driveway being a driveway queen... not even if dodge builds it. Thers a couple HD fords here where i live, they drive them around town like its an extention of their *****`s...lol. Most of us just laugh at them as they drive by...HAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Ram 1500!