4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Maybe we need some checks and balances

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM
PostalTwo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i strongly agree and feel disappointed with was has transpired here if u cant express ur opinion then what good is a forum. things are not always gonna come up roses sometimes forums are what protect consumers and keep manufacture's honest. if someone wants to tell us about a bad experence at a dealership i feel they should be allowed to without interference from a moderator. the moderator's job is to keep the peace not to block peoples opinions

Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
You guys are missing the point, although i think Lu post has merit and should be re-started, i really want your opinions on should the mod be able to censor based on bias or should he recuse himself as mod on the discussion due to conflict of interest, by all means he has right to his opinion but should not be able to close thread cause he doesn't like the topic, it should be deferred to another mod without conflict of interest. Personally I'm glad the techs are here to help with issues but I really don't think they should be mods, just a conflict of interest! How does one become a moderator, I would like to know! Also there should be a way for members to have complaints filed! It needs to be a two way street, transparent, and fair!

I understand people get upset, last 4 years every attack imaginable has been set upon my profession, as from what we do, money paid, and pensions! Hey it happens, opinions are people's rights! But I compare what just happened to as if Say I was a tech for dodge and went to a union meeting to discuss issues about mgmt and woe and behold the man holding the gavel and controlling the meeting worked for mgmt and shut down any spirited discussion, not ethical and not right! You can only improve and strive for greatness by knowing what issues are out there and addressing them, if you put your head in the sand your destined to fail! And in the end this forum is for owner enthusiasts not dodge's (or their employees) place to control the flow of good or bad info or rumors!
Although I don't participate with threads/posts that inflict friction, I can understand RollTides valid point. To be participating, then judge, jury and executioner of a thread conversation is rather asinine.

They're are many here I've appreciated with helpful advice, and others here who I've helped with advice as well as donating 4th generation RAM parts. Keeping this forum a welcome for future members and current members with opinions, questions, and comments is no more then respecting each others values brought to this forum.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm going to make my statement here and this is the last I am going to say about this topic. Flame away if you like if it makes you feel wise. I may not be a Moderator afterwards, but whatever. It was my pleasure at first, but not really anymore. To any of the nice people who have PMed me for help, the following statements do not apply to you. It was my pleasure.

Techs do not work for Chrysler. Nobody in the dealership works for Chrysler. Nobody from Chrysler signs my paycheck. No funds in ANY form pass from a Chrysler entity's hand to mine.

We do however, have to go by thier guidlines for warranty repairs. So try to keep that in mind next time you throw a hissy-fit in the service lane. In the event you happen to drool or wet yourself while having your HoneyBooBoo episode, we will even pay for a janitor to clean up after you.

The dealers are not owned by Chrysler. They are independently owned...hence the word DEALER. When you bad-mouth a dealership or seek to tarnish their name, for whatever reason, you are going after a real individual person's wallet. Of course you don't care because somebody's going to pay or suffer for your inconvenience and as long as it ain't you, who gives a crap, right?? You talk free speech? They don't get a rebuttle to your claims? Yeah, I know there are some crappy dealers...fine. But, a one-sided story, no matter how convincing it reads and how well layed out it is, doesn't always mean it has validity. Without AT LEAST a rebuttle, it's nothing more than slander. Many of you seem to be well versed at that.

We (the techs) don't give a rat's @ss about what you say about Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Fiat. You believe they screwed you? Fine, if you act like a rational adult about it, someone here can possibly get the ball rolling for you or give you advice on how to go about it yourself. If you only knew how bad Chrysler sticks it to us daily.....pshhht....and it's not just Chrysler, it's all of them. I can promise some of you would be out front of LLC in Detroit with picket signs, flaming torches and ropes. Then why do WE tolerate it? Because we love what we do and helping people is the shizz. We are the best at what we do and I have no reservation or liberal guilt about getting paid accordingly.

If you feel the need to puff up your man ego and sling $hit at a tech, go for it! But when you are sitting there wondering why we won't make any statements regarding a particular issue....then you know why. Talk civil and you'll get help. Act like a dic...you'll get exactly that. We don't owe you a dam thing. We didn't build it, we didn't sell it to you. My truck starts up and goes where and when I want it to. Does yours?......No?.....Need my help?.... You obviously need someone's help since you're on here asking questions.

Union?? Techs aren't union. There may be some isloated pockets, but the majority of them aren't. Techs are, in essence, independent contractors. We have high-priced pretty crappy insurance. We do not get paid on the clock. We get paid off the jobs we do. It's been done that way for decades and still is no matter if you like it or not. The good ones make a good living. The shady ones might for a short while. The bad ones won't make jack squat. Also, the bad ones don't have time to come on forums because they're part-timing it at WalMart for gas money. Point is... if you see one of us on here during working hours, we are doing it on OUR DIME. Trust me...we have way more fun and/or way more $$$$ things we could be doing. Nobody is asking you to bow down or cower at our presence, but at least show a little freakin' gratitude.

There is no conspiracy by us to deny you anything. It was just my opinion that people ought to be civil and handle issues in a tempered manner. Mob rules doesn't work anywhere. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-03-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 AM
PostalTwo
Professional

nobody on this thread is saying its ok to sling **** at techs. Alot of us have respect for what u do. All were saying is people have the right to share there opinions or speak out if they want to.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNtech
I'm going to make my statement here and this is the last I am going to say about this topic.
Well Done

Old 11-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Atomic Dog
Professional

Originally Posted by lxman1
This is not tech related so it has been moved to general discussion.
Look! Another example of heavy handed moderation! Oh the humanity!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Originally Posted by TNtech
I'm going to make my statement here and this is the last I am going to say about this topic. Flame away if you like if it makes you feel wise. I may not be a Moderator afterwards, but whatever. It was my pleasure at first, but not really anymore. To any of the nice people who have PMed me for help, the following statements do not apply to you. It was my pleasure.

Techs do not work for Chrysler. Nobody in the dealership works for Chrysler. Nobody from Chrysler signs my paycheck. No funds in ANY form pass from a Chrysler entity's hand to mine.

We do however, have to go by thier guidlines for warranty repairs. So try to keep that in mind next time you throw a hissy-fit in the service lane. In the event you happen to drool or wet yourself while having your HoneyBooBoo episode, we will even pay for a janitor to clean up after you.

The dealers are not owned by Chrysler. They are independently owned...hence the word DEALER. When you bad-mouth a dealership or seek to tarnish their name, for whatever reason, you are going after a real individual person's wallet. Of course you don't care because somebody's going to pay or suffer for your inconvenience and as long as it ain't you, who gives a crap, right?? You talk free speech? They don't get a rebuttle to your claims? Yeah, I know there are some crappy dealers...fine. But, a one-sided story, no matter how convincing it reads and how well layed out it is, doesn't always mean it has validity. Without AT LEAST a rebuttle, it's nothing more than slander. Many of you seem to be well versed at that.

We (the techs) don't give a rat's @ss about what you say about Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Fiat. You believe they screwed you? Fine, if you act like a rational adult about it, someone here can possibly get the ball rolling for you or give you advice on how to go about it yourself. If you only knew how bad Chrysler sticks it to us daily.....pshhht....and it's not just Chrysler, it's all of them. I can promise some of you would be out front of LLC in Detroit with picket signs, flaming torches and ropes. Then why do WE tolerate it? Because we love what we do and helping people is the shizz. We are the best at what we do and I have no reservation or liberal guilt about getting paid accordingly.

If you feel the need to puff up your man ego and sling $hit at a tech, go for it! But when you are sitting there wondering why we won't make any statements regarding a particular issue....then you know why. Talk civil and you'll get help. Act like a dic...you'll get exactly that. We don't owe you a dam thing. We didn't build it, we didn't sell it to you. My truck starts up and goes where and when I want it to. Does yours?......No?.....Need my help?.... You obviously need someone's help since you're on here asking questions.

Union?? Techs aren't union. There may be some isloated pockets, but the majority of them aren't. Techs are, in essence, independent contractors. We have high-priced pretty crappy insurance. We do not get paid on the clock. We get paid off the jobs we do. It's been done that way for decades and still is no matter if you like it or not. The good ones make a good living. The shady ones might for a short while. The bad ones won't make jack squat. Also, the bad ones don't have time to come on forums because they're part-timing it at WalMart for gas money. Point is... if you see one of us on here during working hours, we are doing it on OUR DIME. Trust me...we have way more fun and/or way more $$$$ things we could be doing. Nobody is asking you to bow down or cower at our presence, but at least show a little freakin' gratitude.

There is no conspiracy by us to deny you anything. It was just my opinion that people ought to be civil and handle issues in a tempered manner. Mob rules doesn't work anywhere. Be careful what you wish for.
Wowwwwww! My posts on union was an example of censor, and you made my point, you are very bias and sensitive to subject and I actually thought you were pretty good on the recent closed thread, like I said your info is valid and warranted, nobody is slinging at you, i just believe if you are gonna be a mod you should let another mod oversee a thread that maybe in conflict with your job/position, but definitely provide your opinion. We all need help sometimes, even you and me, I usually can fix my own crap, have built airboats, half tracks, boats, etc, maybe you need to form a union if your getting the pinion shaft snapped in your rear end (sorry to hear)! Look like I said info, ideas, communication need to flow, and you have tech knowledge and is important to people who need it on this site, don't be so upset if someone vents about an experience unless you were apart of it and know it went different. I recently had my truck in for alignment and possible tierod, tech insisted I needed tires static balanced with wts inside the rims cause current wts on outside inner rim were hitting sway bar linkage, he did it at a tune of 149$, didn't solve the problem, went back two more days no diagnosis and they kept wanting me to bring truck back, i to work for a living and had enough, well after checking the front tierod and replacing issued solved (and this is what I suggest initially and I can show the write up). Now while I'm not totally happy with the experience, I never gave the dealer, tech, or service mgr crap, and even though I could, it's not my vibe, **** happens I've had other instances of problems and you are right being tactful and patience will 99% get the job done by everyone. Take a Xanax and relax 99% of people respect you and appreciate the job you do especially if your a great tech, just get a spine all of our professions get attack because of some idiot or knuckle head but when you know your not one of them,it's okay, it's okay, serenity now! Oh and by the way before my current job I use to be a tech so I do understand the position and all involved, just more happy putting fires out, treating trauma/cardiac, and dive rescue as a Captain Paramedic!

Last edited by rolltidehemi; 11-03-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow - paragraphs, learn what they are and use them.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:01 PM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional

This thread has now turned into a non stop rant !

Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok now it's time I have my say:

First of all, for those who don't know me or haven't read many of my posts, let me state that I have COME DOWN HARD on Chrysler/Dodge for many issues where I've felt they have dropped the ball (screwed over) on many thousands of people who have plopped down A LOT of their hard earned money on these vehicles. They have known (in many cases for over a decade) of issues such as cracked dashes, poor quality front end components and failing LSDs and rear ends in these trucks without doing a single thing at the production level to fix these all too common issues.

If you care to search the 3rd Gen section, you'll find dozens of posts I've made to the effect. I've also been invited to sit in on open discussions with Chrysler engineers/managers/techs to voice my opinions on these things because I administrate this forum and have first hand contact with so many of their customers. So if you say I'm biased toward Chrysler/Dodge/Ram, I beg to differ.

Secondly, I'd like to point out one very important thing that many of you may not realize. This is a PRIVATELY OWNED FORUM and as such the rules of this forum are set by the owners of the forum and their designated FORUM ADMINISTRATORS.

Whether you paid attention to it or not - EVERY REGISTERED MEMBER has agreed to abide by these rules. If you have not done so, I recommend you go read them all:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-mem...ease-read.html

I'd like to point out a few:

2. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

14. Moderators and Administrators have final word in anything and everything. If you have a problem or a complaint direct it to them, not to the general forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. This applies to issues with the forum in general, as well as issues with other members.

15. We ask that members keep in mind membership is a privilege, NOT a right, and as a private forum, the administration and moderators have total say as to which members are, and are not allowed. The same rule applies for single posts and threads, and anything deemed to be inappropriate by any member of the staff will be removed. Members who continue to ignore this rule will be removed with no possibility of return.

So in a nutshell, ANY moderator has the right to edit/omit or lock any post or thread they deem necessary to do so. If anyone feels a moderator is out of line, then by all means feel free to PM me or any other administrator and it will be looked into. You may not like the conclusion I may come to, but I can promise you I will look at any and all situations with an open mind. I will also add that I've had more than one PRIVATE discussion with a moderator before where I have felt they were in the wrong.

In the case of the thread in question - the "bad dealer" thread. I stand by the moderator's decision to close the thread. This is not the first time this type of thread has been on this forum - not by a long shot and in EVERY case it's been nothing but trouble. It's inevitable that one guy rants on a dealership for "screwing him over" and another member who has bought multiple vehicles there and feels he's always been treated fairly will respond in kind. This NEVER ends well.
I tolerate these threads to a point - but personally - I don't like them.

In the case of the member who started the thread - LU229, he HAS NOT been banned. This would have had to be brought before myself or another Administrator - and this is simply not the case. This member has shown in post after post that he feels he's gotten a raw deal from Dodge, his dealer and basically everyone who has ever had anything to do with his truck and while I personally feel there is another side to all of his rants and the truth probably resides somewhere in the middle of the two sides, I've always allowed him to have his say - so long as no rules are broken.

As for this post:

Originally Posted by Atomic Dog
Look! Another example of heavy handed moderation! Oh the humanity!
GROW UP! Stop throwing sh*t just for the sake of throwing sh*t! This thread is obviously not technical in nature and should have been moved to the General Discussion Section.

As for this thread. Checks and balances on this forum IS NOT your call. As I mentioned, there are rules in place and basically how this forum runs is the decision of Internet Brands and their appointed Administrators. You have issues with it, then maybe you need to go find another forum where they will let you run things.

Now I'm closing this thread. If ANYONE wants to discuss anything I've said here or ANY other issue they may have related to this forum or any of it's officers, then by all means, please feel free to PM me...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 11-03-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Maybe we need some checks and balances