4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Maybe we need some checks and balances

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe we need some checks and balances

I ask to the members to play fair and now, someone was ask a question and did not responed to the question. And now others just want to keep the crap up, So now i'll just close the thread. Just think about this, I the job line you are in. How would you like someone to post about your company and the job you wouldn't do because of procedures you need to follow to do your job. Again i agree with most members you don't need a list of bad dealerships. But may end there when someone else can't fix your problem or problems. And if you start another thread, i'll just delete it and hand out warings and and maybe some time off the forum.

Recent thread was interesting to read, as one member had an idea of a thread and he sought to communciate with others, a well coordinated bashing attack occurred by one side and of course the thread was then closed. Now I am not defending either side on the issue all though I see it as my right to discuss my experiences with a bad tech or dealer or independent without censor from a moderator (who is biased) or others, so long as it is clean, maybe there needs to be reprocussions for abuse of moderator power on here as well through a vote (lets say revoking of position, etc.), power to the members, checks and balances if you will! If anyone got out of line on this thread it was definately wasn't the poster of the thread! Threats and warnings from the moderators initial post only indicate he was biased from the get go and was hell bent on shutting this guy up. Now defending your work is your right, as it is this mans right to complain and compare with others, this man never called anyone in particular out otherwise I would say close it hes wrong, there are plenty of crap in all industries and I am sure we have all experienced them, let this forum work how it was intended, Moderator powers lie in being non biased, keeping it clean and non derogatory, using a positon of power to defend your job and shut others up at will is wrong, Anybody that does so should resign as mod and let somebody in who will moderate fairly and without bias regardless of profession. Did Dodge take over the forum while I was away!

Post if you agree!!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
RSDodgelover
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was kind of waiting for someone to shut that thread down. If someone has a bad experience with a dealer or vendor and they want to talk or PM a friend about it then that is their right and privilege. If we are posting in the open so to speak it is our responsibility to be reasonable and courteous trying to be fair to all. One person might have a bad experience with a dealer and feel they are the worst dealer on the planet while someone else had good experiences with the same dealer and feel it is the best dealer ever. Who is to say which opinion is right. I recently went to a dealer that had treated me well previously and got really jerked around so I just won't go back. Just my opinion.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Atomic Dog
Professional

I really want to say something, but I will keep my mouth shut.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 AM
1954Radio
Captain

I'm kind of confused here. In 2009 when the new 4'th gens came out there were no dodge technicians here on the forum to help anyone about anything. And just about everyone was asking for help or just simply wanting to pick a techs brain about their new truck and there were lots of people complaing to Chrys. I openly asked techs several times myself about issues that dealerships were denying they knew existed and never got a response. And yes they knew (dealership) and yes they were lying about not knowing and yes I witnessed this with my own eyes at my dealership and others. And my dealership was good to me, but I saw some bad things happen there so I would not recomend to my friends to go there or I would fill them in about what I knew and let them make the choice. But I always felt that someone from Chrys was watching on these forums because they would make a post every now and then. So if they were here then why were they denying that they knew and weren't aware of some of these issues. It wasn't long before things started breaking and more issues arrised...that's understandable. But one of the big topics were who the bad dealers were and who not to buy or go to. And especially, who was honoring the warranties and who wasn't and they certainly had some that weren't. Now all of a sudden there's no such thing as bad dealers and it's wrong to talk about it. I can tell you several stories about dealerships with well known bad reputations and some that I experienced. And if this is about who I think it's about I didn't see anything that looked disrespectful to any techs. And before I go any further I want you all to know that I don't have anything against any techs on here for what happened or think they had no call to voice their opinion because of thier jobs because they did but in a different tone. Sorry people, this is a Dodge forum, a place to go vent and or share your good experiences. Lu has a bad temper, so what, I think he kept it civil considering. As a moderater, why didn't you guys just pm him and ask him politely and explain your feelings instead of on doing it on the highway for everyone to see you flex...just saying? Look I work there can we change the title please, it insults meor hurts my feelings. I'll help you the best I can to solve your problems, but no that didn't happen. I'm sure it's true...you claim to be loyal and faithful to you costumers at the shop so why not here? Is this how you handle them at the dealership...do you threaten to ban them or kick them out if they complain ...no I'm sure you don't? I saw a guy have a bad experience with a desiel truck. The turbo supposedly went out because the shop that changed the filter put the wrong one in and the service manager was holding a conference which I heard (pretended not to) about how to get the shop to pay half and the owner to pay the other and this was a fairly new truck under warranty. But, either the whole engine or turbo needed replacing and it was like 18,000 dollars...I was like jeesem! This gut was pissed about what they were telling him, I thought he was going to attack them. The filter got sucked into the turbo for what ever reason and who evers fault it was I don't know. That's just a little teaser, I saw trucks getting rearends worked on right in front of my face and they flat out denied knowing anything about rearends coming apart and there is one in peices. Not just rearends, they said the same thing about the tie rod ends claiming to know nothing about that and I saw them working on those...there was a big recall. I don't know if they all did it, but from what I saw these guys were never going to work on my truck...no way. And guess what, it happened, my truck broke down long story short I let them fix it and all turned out good...but only in the long run after a few scares that weren't nice. I don't know what good this thread is going to do but I hope it works out for you. But I'm just going to avoid this from here on out. I know where I stand and I stand with the guy who left. I'm not mad or dissapointed in this forum...I've gotten away with some wild outburst which I regret. And if you send me down the road no hard feeling...yes I'll miss it but life goes on. Maybe the moderaters that dids nmot agree should have waited to see how far it went and turned out. But you didn't even give it a chance, it turned into why he should not have started it.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 AM
AZdave
Professional

Now I'm disappointed to have not kept up with the bad/lousy dealer thread.
Long story short, sounds like Lu (who had ongoing issues with both his rides) was banned for speaking his mind (based on the comments above)? I work for Microsoft and you can all imagine all the crap and complaints and vile things people say about my company, its software and its policies - so I've had to grow some thick skin, so what? That's part of being an adult, I don't take things personally.

However, it appears from the comments above that what was done was a form of censorship to appease either a vendor, advertiser, manufacturer or just personal feelings - to which I say, "Grow a pair."
Is it wrong? Yes. Is it a violation of ethics? Yes. Will it cause you to refrain from visiting and commenting on this site? Only you can decide for yourself, but if it's a trend, it's a worrying one. This aint China, or so I hope...

P.S. What is up with the english/grammar in comment #1's first paragraph?

Last edited by AZdave; 11-02-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
rolltidehemi
Captain

If you referring my initial post, long 30 hours running fire/rescue calls, one lady pulled from a canal and 2 redbulls eyes are tired. Lol!

I'm not wanting to re-hash the dealer topic, this is about fairness, not being bias as a mod, no censorship or threats, and letting someone ask within reason a question or poll, there are many threads that I'm like is this guy for real, but it's their thread, their voice, you dont like it you don't feed the troll and it will scroll off the page of topics, simple, easy, painless death to a thread!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Oh 1st paragraph is mods in closed thread! It happens I guess!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

This is not tech related so it has been moved to general discussion.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The truth is, not every Ram owner has the warm and fuzzys toward the brand and a Ram owner may feel jaded when warenty work is not reflective of the investment in a Dodge Ram.

To put out a "Heads up" abought certian dealers is only fair and to converse abought warenty issues and problem solving of issues helps out all of us Ram owners.

To be fair, Good dealerships and positive expireances should also be expressed.

This is all public information, ie free speach and as such free speach can hurt a specfic brand, or offend some one who bleeds loyality to said brand.

My expireances with dodge are not going to = to yours, no two trucks are going to roll off the asembly line 100% perfect, to jump to anothier brand is not going to net you a better truck, as one or two parts supply compaines build componants for all the brands, supension, stearing, electrical ect..

I was a die hard ford ford owner, than I had a run of bad fords, I took a chance on dodge expecting this truck to better, and wow, to my surprise, is just anothier truck!!!

( never had a tie rod-drag link fall off a ford)

I understand when you buy into the hype of new and improved and the fancey paint, you have high expectations, In a way I'm sorta jaded with the whole process of buying into new car/truck ownership.

IM all for Dodge owners shooting from the hip, tell it like it is!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

You guys are missing the point, although i think Lu post has merit and should be re-started, i really want your opinions on should the mod be able to censor based on bias or should he recuse himself as mod on the discussion due to conflict of interest, by all means he has right to his opinion but should not be able to close thread cause he doesn't like the topic, it should be deferred to another mod without conflict of interest. Personally I'm glad the techs are here to help with issues but I really don't think they should be mods, just a conflict of interest! How does one become a moderator, I would like to know! Also there should be a way for members to have complaints filed! It needs to be a two way street, transparent, and fair!

I understand people get upset, last 4 years every attack imaginable has been set upon my profession, as from what we do, money paid, and pensions! Hey it happens, opinions are people's rights! But I compare what just happened to as if Say I was a tech for dodge and went to a union meeting to discuss issues about mgmt and woe and behold the man holding the gavel and controlling the meeting worked for mgmt and shut down any spirited discussion, not ethical and not right! You can only improve and strive for greatness by knowing what issues are out there and addressing them, if you put your head in the sand your destined to fail! And in the end this forum is for owner enthusiasts not dodge's (or their employees) place to control the flow of good or bad info or rumors!

Quick Reply: Maybe we need some checks and balances