4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Possible 12 ram owner. what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Shawnu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible 12 ram owner. what do you think?

I am in the process of dealing on a 12 ram reg cab short bed. Its flame red (i think is the right name?) Sports package,20s, and the HEMI. This will be my 3rd ram. Previously owned a 05 3.7 shortwide, and a 06 QC nightrunner that was unfortunately totaled in a wreck. Anyway, How low could i work them down? Its marked on sale down to 21,7xx and its new. Only 16 miles IIRC. And all we have done was run my credit and talk a little since it was almost closing time when i went in there. Once i get them my check stubs the bank will give me my rate.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Dale_K

Around my region in central Arkansas dealers are advertising Express regular cabs at $20,000 vs a sticker of $27,100. I bought one a few months back at that price. Hemi, 20" wheels, LSD, power windows & doors, trailer brake controller & satellite radio. Your deal sounds pretty good.

I've bought stuff right at the end of the year and got good deals, too. Last year i bought a Wrangler at an excellent price. So if you can afford to wait and risk that they might sell the truck you're looking at in the meanwhile, you might wait till after Christmas and then make them an offer.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Shawnu

Thats what i was wanting to do but they only have one left in the color i want. Plus rhino line spray in for 295, free window tint And 3% rate

Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Shawnu

Bought the truck and i love it!! As much as i haggled with them the last 3 days they wouldnt come down on the price, but i loved the truck so much i bought it. Free tint only 295 for spray in rhino lined added next week no payment for 60 days and of course a tank of gas. Anyway, im officially a member again! first mod will be a new muffler. Maybe a 14" magnaflow or spintech? Any other suggestions??

Old 11-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on new truck.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional

Not to be a buzz kill, but delaying payments for 60 days adds like $7 to $8 per month in payment. I always ask for the earliest payment possible.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Shawnu

Yeah i know. But im about to be getting a settlement for wc i find out my court date next week, so i wanted to make sure it was all taken care of by then.(lets just say im not much of a fan of tablesaws anymore and i have a new nickname nub. Lol) I have one question, is the hitch that mounts to the frame but you use the hole in the bumper to mount the ball to the hitch a class
III? My sticker doesnt say anything about a hitch. Only 4/7 pin harness.
Thanks alot.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:38 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

21 for a sport would almost be unheard if, express, yes.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Shawnu

Yes its an express. It was the 3rd gen that the body colored bumpers grill was called the sport package wasnt it? Just curious but What does the sport consist of on the 4th gen?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From an outside standpoint, in 2012. Sport over Express
Colored handles and mirrors (with lamps)
"Billet" grill, I used he term billet lightly
Quad headlights
Chrome clads standard

From and inside standpoint
Sound system
EVIC standard
Power options standard
Leather wheel
Leather wrapped dash
Center console w/buckets (not everyone likes them)
"Leather" trimmed seats
Not 100% sure but do not think they offered hands free in a Express RC or homelink?
Various other options also not offered in an Express that are avilable (at a price) on a Sport.

On the flip side it costs more. It really depends what you are after and your budget when you get down to it. For me the inside is the game changer, the very minor outside differences would not impact my decision.

2013 changed the rules a little, but still the same basic changes.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 11-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Possible 12 ram owner. what do you think?