4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
outdoorsmanhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment?

this weekend I was putting war stripes on, just happened to notice my tire looked funny. got to looking closer and both front tires are cupping pretty bad on the outsides. I just hit 17k, rotated at 10. is it normal for these trucks to need alignments so soon, or do I have another issue? it rides fine, no pulling, or shimmy. I dread taking it to the dealer after last time they dented in my door and spent 2 days in the body shop.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

If they are the good year 20" , you will need to rotate. Around 4,000
Check shocks and alignment

Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though most people dont do this, you should always have the alignment checked once a year, every year. Also since dodge recalled some earlier trucks (09/10) for bad tie-rods, the factory spec`s have now changed on the toe-in settings. I`m pretty sure they knew ther was an alignment issue, reason they changed the specs. Since i`ve had the tie-rod recall done and an updated alignment, my truck stopped chopping the front tires, and drives MUCH better since. I`ve now got 20,000 miles on my new (BFGOODRICH -Touring) tires, (new tires at the time of alignment) not chopped at all, no tread wear to speak of, rides smooth and quiet. Also concider, the BFG tires i have, are rated for 60,000 miles, the "badyear" factory tires are not. Most people arent getting much more than 30,000 out of the factory tires. Factory tires are 2nd rate tires, factory gets good deals on those, thats why they`re junk from the get go and do not last long. The stock factory tires are so inferior compared to good major brand tires. Factory tires aren`t blem`s so to speak, but they might as well be. As soon as you get the stock tires replaced, you`ll wonder why you havdn`t done it sooner.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capsfloyd
if they are the good year 20" , you will need to rotate. Around 4,000
check shocks and alignment
agreed...200%...!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

I had some cupping more on rt front. 40,000 on the truck. Toe was out. Rest of the specs were good. I stood with the guy doing the alinment. Hooking up and checking specs took three times longer then settingo the toe.

Quick Reply: alignment?