4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New here and considering a RAM 1500

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Fbto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and considering a RAM 1500

Hi all. I am in the market for a truck. I need a crew cab. Was looking at the ecoboost F150 and the tundra. And thought I would add the RAM into the mix. Any advice regarding must have options. And all the different configurations!! So many to pick from. Leaning towards the sport version. Confusing regarding what I actually get from the big horn and Laramie!

I assume you guys all love your trucks. And big differences between the 12 and 13?

Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I'll move your post to the 4th ram gen section. You will get more response there.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fbto
Hi all. I am in the market for a truck. I need a crew cab. Was looking at the ecoboost F150 and the tundra. And thought I would add the RAM into the mix. Any advice regarding must have options. And all the different configurations!! So many to pick from. Leaning towards the sport version. Confusing regarding what I actually get from the big horn and Laramie!

I assume you guys all love your trucks. And big differences between the 12 and 13?
Big Horn is mostly a chrome package on top of the SLT package. Laramie has all the fancy "car" features in it.

Sport has the painted bumpers - not sure why anyone would want that on a truck, but its a taste/durability thing.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
PostalTwo
Professional

i would get the 3.92 rear end and limited slip diffs 4x4 and of course the hemi also im a fan of the sunroof if u get the touchsreen radio theres also a backup camera that pretty sweet. would also recommed the tow package comes with trailer brake controler evic dash and hitch

Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Fbto

Looking for cheapest 4x4 crew cab. What's that model called? What comes with base?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Fbto

Originally Posted by PostalTwo
i would get the 3.92 rear end and limited slip diffs 4x4 and of course the hemi also im a fan of the sunroof if u get the touchsreen radio theres also a backup camera that pretty sweet. would also recommed the tow package comes with trailer brake controler evic dash and hitch
Aftermarket sunroof! Really? That sounds like a big job? Power or pop up?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:13 PM
TLC John

If you get the RAM, check out TotalLoadControl.com for the best aftermarket air suspension. Works great and costs much less than the option RAM is offering in 2013.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbto
Looking for cheapest 4x4 crew cab. What's that model called? What comes with base?
ST is the base truck, SXT next in line, SLT next in line, Outdoorsman,Sport, next in line, Big horn next in line, Laraimi next in line and I thinks thiers A laramie big horn as well.

Its confusing, as each level of truck has a wide option list, but you cant get leathier or a DVD on a ST, You have to start with a SLT..

Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
aktrite28
Professional

I have the 09 5.7L slt/big horn,2x4 has outside sport package and interior luxuries, i dont tow or do any extreme off roading so i rather not deal with 4x4 cons, anyways i love my truck and get lots of compliments, the best are from people that tell me they have never liked pick up trucks before untill theyve been in mine!

New trucks have the 8 speed auto trans, air ride suspension and a larger grill

Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Big Horn is mostly a chrome package on top of the SLT package. Laramie has all the fancy "car" features in it.

Sport has the painted bumpers - not sure why anyone would want that on a truck, but its a taste/durability thing.
Oldjeep,
i can touch up the painted bumpers with paint when needed, but what do you do to touch up all the rust on a chrome bumper.
I`ll take painted bumpers all day long over chrome bumpers, besides that, chrome dont getcha`home brother...heheheheeee.

To the best of my knowledge
Sport & Express Truck Bumpers:
Front = plastic bumper cover (painted body color)
Rear = all metal bumper (painted body color)

ST-SLT-BigHorn-Laramie = All are usually Chrome Bumpers (metal)
TRX-Outdoorsman = Metal (option of chrome or 2/tone painted)

Chevy/Ford = nobody cares

Last edited by LU229; 12-16-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: New here and considering a RAM 1500