4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Introduction, Dealership Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 AM
4thmouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction, Dealership Question, Q for Kansas city folks

Hey folks, Well first let me say Im happy to be back, I am not new to these forums it has just been many years since I have owned a dodge anything and I am happy to be back. Also I reside most of my time in the KC area so if you live around me give me a shout out. I used to own a 3rd gen ram before that I owned a first gen ram and these forums were an amazing resource for everything I did to those trucks. However few years ago I needed to trade it to purchase a car as we where going threw a low point.

Recently the wife gave me the OK to dump the car and purchase a Truck. So I went and looked planning on a used and ended purchasing a new 2012 Bighorn 1500 QC. Unfortunately I didn't get a very good deal this time. But hey, can't win em all and I swear the salesman was a Jedi.

Anyways on to the questions, I let myself get conned into the tire warranty and CNA 6/60 extended plan. fortunately after reading the contract I realized, Hey I can cancel these get at least some back on my loan and purchase actual Chrysler direct warranty little later. I called them up and they just flat out said NO we wont cancel them and hung up. Called back and they hung up again. Has anyone been in a situation like this, If so what did you do? I can't find any lawyers who will even talk to me, seems it waste of there time. And I am at a lost as to where to go to get this contract terms honored. Any thoughts on what to do would be awesome.

On to the second question: I know there are some Kansas City ram owners on these forums. I don't trust the dealership I Purchased from. Can you tell me if you have a dodge dealership your happy with and where it is?

Anyways, I absolutely love this truck, I am happy to be a Ram owner again. Man they have changed these things over the years. The ride of this thing is comparable to a old caddy I used to have.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any thoughts.
Without further blabbing, here is the new truck...

Attached Thumbnails Introduction, Dealership Question-truck1.jpg  

Last edited by 4thmouse; 12-10-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thmouse
Hey folks, Well first let me say Im happy to be back, I am not new to these forums it has just been many years since I have owned a dodge anything and I am happy to be back. Also I reside most of my time in the KC area so if you live around me give me a shout out. I used to own a 3rd gen ram before that I owned a first gen ram and these forums were an amazing resource for everything I did to those trucks. However few years ago I needed to trade it to purchase a car as we where going threw a low point.

Recently the wife gave me the OK to dump the car and purchase a Truck. So I went and looked planning on a used and ended purchasing a new 2012 Bighorn 1500 QC. Unfortunately I didn't get a very good deal this time. But hey, can't win em all and I swear the salesman was a Jedi.

Anyways on to the questions, I let myself get conned into the tire warranty and CNA 6/60 extended plan. fortunately after reading the contract I realized, Hey I can cancel these get at least some back on my loan and purchase actual Chrysler direct warranty little later. I called them up and they just flat out said NO we wont cancel them and hung up. Called back and they hung up again. Has anyone been in a situation like this, If so what did you do? I can't find any lawyers who will even talk to me, seems it waste of there time. And I am at a lost as to where to go to get this contract terms honored. Any thoughts on what to do would be awesome.

On to the second question: I know there are some Kansas City ram owners on these forums. I don't trust the dealership I Purchased from. Can you tell me if you have a dodge dealership your happy with and where it is?

Anyways, I absolutely love this truck, I am happy to be a Ram owner again. Man they have changed these things over the years. The ride of this thing is comparable to a old caddy I used to have.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any thoughts.
Without further blabbing, here is the new truck...

Mouse,

Welcome back and congrats on your new truck!!!

While I cannot advise you on your second questions as I am not familiar with the dealers in the KC area, I will take a shot at question number one regarding the service contract. As far as calling and cancelling, who did you call? If it was the dealer I would suggest a call to the service contract provider. If the contract company told you they will not cancel it for you then I would talk to the finance manager at the dealer. Next I would send a cancellation notice in writing via certified mail to the contract company requesting the cancellation. Make sure to include vin, mileage, and date on your request. If that fails, then I would contact your state's Attorney Generals office with a copy of your certified letter and copy of the contract application and make a complaint.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
4thmouse

Wow an actual Chrysler Group rep on these forums, That's awesome. When did that start? Thanks much for the reply,

Service contract provider was CNA and Safeguard. I did call them both were understanding but both told me I needed to talk to the dealership directly. Its also in the contract that I need to cancel them directly with the issuing dealership. I talked to finance manager at the dealership and that was when I got hung up on. I filed a BBB complaint today, but don't hold much hope. I have never really run into an issues like this. Its crazy this supposedly 5 star dodge dealership doesn't seem to answer to anyone.

Funny thing is if the service plan were one of the Chrysler extended plans, And If they didn't lie to me to to get me to purchase it, I would actually consider keeping it.

I am gonna try going to the dealership directly here in a couple days and talk with them. I will also go ahead and send that request for cancellation.

Last edited by 4thmouse; 12-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it like most contracts I've seen, it should have a section explaining the cancelation process - which usually requires you to cancel in writing within the cancelation period. If that is the case then make sure you use some form of registered mail.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 PM
4thmouse

Well, My wife and I are going directly to dealership tomorrow. I also typed up cancellation request and plan on sending copy directly to dealership and another copy directly to the warranty company via CMRR.

I do have one other question. Is it common to get a brand new vehicle with absolutely no gas in the tank, I mean 0 miles to empty? Every other vehicle I have Ever purchased came with a full tank.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Well, My wife and I are going directly to dealership tomorrow. I also typed up cancellation request and plan on sending copy directly to dealership and another copy directly to the warranty company via CMRR.

I do have one other question. Is it common to get a brand new vehicle with absolutely no gas in the tank, I mean 0 miles to empty? Every other vehicle I have Ever purchased came with a full tank.

I would call CNA and Safeguard and tell them the dealership is refusing to cancel and that if they don't help you that your next step is attorney generals office. There is nothing in the contract that states only dealer can cancel. What if the dealership went out of business? They have a written cancellation policy that must be followed just like Chrysler does with the Mopar Vehicle Protection plans. The must have it to be allowed to sell contracts in your state.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Vehicles are only prepped with a couple of gallons of fuel although many dealers often fill the tank as a courtesy to the customer.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM
4thmouse

Well, going in seems to be a different story. Other than making sure to tell me how much better it is than a Chrysler service plan and how ill surely regret it, They gave me no problems cancelling the CNA service plan.

The tire plan is another story, The service manager who handles that stuff was off today. So Ill have to go back later to take care of that. The service plan was the big one at $1500.

I just got a survey to fill out in my email, The sales guy really pushed hard for me to fill it out all perfect, But I really can't as I am not all that happy with the dealership and there tactics. Maybe I just shouldn't do anything at all, Do those surveys really even make a difference?

Last edited by 4thmouse; 12-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Well, going in seems to be a different story. Other than making sure to tell me how much better it is than a Chrysler service plan and how ill surely regret it, They gave me no problems cancelling the CNA service plan.

The tire plan is another story, The service manager who handles that stuff was off today. So Ill have to go back later to take care of that. The service plan was the big one at $1500.

I just got a survey to fill out in my email, The sales guy really pushed hard for me to fill it out all perfect, But I really can't as I am not all that happy with the dealership and there tactics. Maybe I just shouldn't do anything at all, Do those surveys really even make a difference?
I would fill out the survey however you feel as it will make a difference on the dealers score with Chrysler. If it didn't matter, the dealer wouldn't have pushed so hard.

As far as the service contract goes, the sales guy is probably right that the other plan is better than Chryslers plan, yeah better for him. They more than likely make more money off selling the other plan. That doesn't do anything for you though.

The bottom line to me is that you had to go back to get them to cancel your plan and even if they want to require a signature to do so, now you have to go back again. Survey from me would not be very kind. Did you buy the tire protection from the service manager? Why is he the only one who can cancel it? Doesn't make sense other than to give you a hard time.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 12-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
4thmouse

Yeah, they ushered me into the service manager first from there he did the hard sale on the Mastershield protection group and the tire plan. I actually wanted the undercoating and all that extra junk and the price they were asking for that wasn't all that bad. But I didn't want the tire $400 tire plan. He wouldn't sell me one w/o the other even though the two were completely separate. I actually already knew I could cancel the tire plan, So I went ahead and did it with the plan to cancel the tire plan anyways, Didn't realize they would make it so difficult.

After that I get ushered to the finance guy and get GOOD NEWS!! (MY @**) I have been approved I have 3 options. 1st option, I can buy gap and life(?) insurance at $400 a month, (Didn't need them as I was walking out with immediate equity on the truck). Option 2, I can buy the Service plan, (Failed to mention it was 3rd party) and pay 350 a month. so after about a minute, I am like wha, Whats option 3? He goes, Oh you can not buy either and pay $380 month.

I said, Wha, Why is my payment higher if I don't get either?

He says, Oh they reduce your interest rate and extend the term out 3 months. This was a complete lie, I don't know if the loan would have been the same or not, But it would have been different only because he changed something. It did work to, I am happy with loan and convinced I would not have gotten better interest rate elsewhere with our credit.

At this point I ask to look at the contract and realize there it does allow for cancellation. So I figure rather than fighting him, it would be easier to get the best terms and terminate it when the loan is out of his hands.

I now realize, I could have and should have walked and gotten my own financing. I would have saved at least $2K and gotten a truck with more options. But hey, You live and you learn and again, I am happy to be a truck owner again, Don't know how people survive with them little cars.

I also bit annoyed at the sales guy to, Man I found out after I got home, they had the exact same truck on there lot for like few hundred more, Except this truck had 3.92, LSD and Full on NAV.

I can't blame anyone but myself for this stuff. I usually know better to do my homework before I shop. And it is not my first, second or even third time purchasing a vehicle. Oh Well.

Last edited by 4thmouse; 12-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Introduction, Dealership Question