4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How much fuel is left when the second "low fuel" warning comes up? Tank size?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Not A GM Man.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your miles to mt read 12 miles remaining and you still had 4 gallons , something wrong with that picture , these readings are taken by how much weight is in the tank if you had 4 gallons left it should have calculated those into your fuel range.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Not A GM Man.
Your miles to mt read 12 miles remaining and you still had 4 gallons , something wrong with that picture , these readings are taken by how much weight is in the tank if you had 4 gallons left it should have calculated those into your fuel range.
It doesn't really matter to me, I never run the tank that low, just a one time deal. Since then, (over three years now) my mileage had been consistent from summer to winter blend, but yes, it only registered 12 miles to empty, and roughly 22 gallons to full tank, I was surprised too, I expected no more then 2 gallons, not closer to 4 gallons.

Quick Reply: How much fuel is left when the second "low fuel" warning comes up? Tank size?