4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

FINALLY '11-'12 Hemi Tuner Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
USNsteve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post FINALLY '11-'12 Hemi Tuner Available

I just came back from a deployment, in the end of December. I finally had decent internet so I started researching stuff for my truck again. I come to find out that a few companies (namely Bullydog and Diablo) have come out with tuners for the '11 Hemi. Has anyone purchased and put these in the truck? If so what results are you seeing? Are they really worth the $500-700 you're spending on them? All the info would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly doubt they have cracked that code. When I see it on the market, I will beleive it.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:46 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

OK, I just saw it on the markey LOL. I am glad I was wrong on this one as I am thinking about upgrading my 09 Ram.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
I highly doubt they have cracked that code. When I see it on the market, I will beleive it.
http://bullydog.com/product.php?ID=4...AM%201500-5500

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php/product-search

Don't be soo quick to judge them companies...Just because they don't have them in stores yet doesn't mean you can't buy them. You have to remember that they have to make 1000s before they can release them to stores...I only know of one person who just ordered a bullydog for his 12, but I have no idea how it runs, because with Christmas and all it never got here in time I guess...

I personally have not used either of the exact two models. BUT I did use the bullydog on my 07 hemi, and because they had not released a tune yet for the 11, I could not run it on mine...I did not mind the bullydog, the heads up display was very nice, the added support for dodge with its special functions were good too. But this was all in the time where diablo had not made a name for itself yet. Diablo offers the same kind of unit, but just by looking at it I like the layout of the bullydog better.

The only thing that BOTH tuners do not give you an option of is transmission tuning, on the gassers anyways. I did not care for it because I was still under warranty at that time, so I didn't want to mess it up anyways. So if you want that then your gonna have to wait till superchips gets it butt in gear and gets a tune out.

Bullydog anyways, will not disable the MDS too. I don't know about diablo....

are they worth 5-700? I guess thats a question that only you can answer. Tuners for gas are definitely NOT what they are for a diesel. I have experienced that first hand now...Your probably only gonna get around 30HP in its highest setting. What you do get out of it is much better throttle response and timing. Sometimes people will see a 3MPG increase, but that depends on your driving habits. You also a nice heads up display, and a built in code reader. So if that's worth it to you, then go for it....

Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
OK, I just saw it on the markey LOL. I am glad I was wrong on this one as I am thinking about upgrading my 09 Ram.
HA, disregard previous statement...

Quick Reply: FINALLY '11-'12 Hemi Tuner Available