4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I keep getting offers to buy my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM
RAMULAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I keep getting offers to buy my truck.

I keep getting offers to buy my '09. From Dealerships I have never dealt with. How do they get my info? One offered 20,700 to just buy it. No trade in needed.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
saberworks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep getting offers to trade my '12 in on a new '12... it's annoying, I already bought a new truck, leave me alone for a while, Dodge!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

These offers are not sent out by Dodge, they are sent out by individual dealers. If you contact Chrysler they will take you off the corporate mailing lists for everything besides recalls and other safety related information that come from the factory.

Many companies sell your info that they get through the state vehicles records for sales related info to be sent to you from dealers, aftermarket warranty companies and many other related items and services. Nothing Dodge can do about those I am sorry to say.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
These offers are not sent out by Dodge, they are sent out by individual dealers. If you contact Chrysler they will take you off the corporate mailing lists for everything besides recalls and other safety related information that come from the factory.

Many companies sell your info that they get through the state vehicles records for sales related info to be sent to you from dealers, aftermarket warranty companies and many other related items and services. Nothing Dodge can do about those I am sorry to say.
Dont be a fool, dodge can dictate everything a dealership does...!
Whats ashame, is the fact THEY SELL YOUR NAME FOR PROFIT, and that should be ILLEGAL...!!!
Ther should be a federal law that NOBODY can sell your name for ANYTHING without written permission first...!!!

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
I keep getting offers to buy my '09. From Dealerships I have never dealt with. How do they get my info? One offered 20,700 to just buy it. No trade in needed.
Yup, they send you the bait, you go there, you dont get the baited offer they mailed to you.
Ever heard of bait & switch tactic`s, pretty much the same effect.
Thats why we call them "stealerships"

Originally Posted by saberworks
I keep getting offers to trade my '12 in on a new '12... it's annoying, I already bought a new truck, leave me alone for a while, Dodge!
The only thing i wanna hear from DODGE about is, is how the truck is running and are you happy.
But we all KNOW thats never going to happen, they already stole your money, why would THEY care.

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-24-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: merging multiples
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LU229
Dont be a fool, dodge can dictate everything a dealership does...!
Whats ashame, is the fact THEY SELL YOUR NAME FOR PROFIT, and that should be ILLEGAL...!!!
Ther should be a federal law that NOBODY can sell your name for ANYTHING without written permission first...!!!

You believe that Dodge can dictate to all the dealerships what every customer gets or is offered for their trade in? OK. Have a great day LU.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
RAMULAK
Captain

I just wonder why it is only coming from Dodge Dealerships? I have only used two dealerships on my truck. I mean, If my truck was so valuable why wouldn't the other car lots be sending me offers? Is there truth to the rumours that Dodge is trying to buy back as many of the '09 trucks as possible to get rid of the lifetime powertrain warranty on the them?
My last payment is next month and the truck is running great, so I have no need to trade of sell. LU229 you should get an early build, low mileage '09. Something tells me they are a better built truck.....

Last edited by RAMULAK; 01-23-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional
Thumbs down

Funny, everytime im at the dealer, where i was this morning, Getting a tpms sensor replaced on my 09 1500, of which i am the original owner,they always Hawk me to trade my rig in,I think there is a bounty on these trucks, and mine is an early 09, and my rearend is still silent at 73k, and very minor issues over 4 years.FYI...IM a Satisfied customer!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

I receive letters/offers consistently as well. Mostly from the dealership where I've had two warranty issues taken care of. It's funny though, the mailing is registered to a Florida return address, which likely handles bulk mailing for situations of this, even though it's a Wisconsin dealership. The latest one offered me $29,700, lol. I plan on keeping my '09 Sport, its been a great truck so far, and you can't beat an included lifetime powertrain warranty to go along!

Last edited by POWER SEDAN; 01-23-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL My girl friend gets offers from a dodge dealer to buy here 1995 dodge caravan that bit the road over 7 years ago.

I also get trade in icentives from dodge dealers here in Calgary on my 06 2500.

Car dealers are not owned by dodge, ford, toyota, ect.

On the local news thier was a Ford dealer who sold a ford product to a consumer who had transmisson issues, local consumer advicate steped in to get the new car owner a new replacement for the week old SUV that had over 4 issues with the transmisson breaking down...

Brand only wants to sell to dealers who only want to sell to you!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When i Refinanced my truck through my bank and cancelled chrystlers gap insurance they sent me a check not only for the gap insurance deductable but as well as the lifetime bumper to bumber cost that I paid when buying the truck. I didnt cash it and made Chrystler just refund me the gap coverage. You guys are right. Sounds like they are trying to get out of the lifetime powertrain and bumper to bumper contracts on these early 2009's. Funny thing is my truck has been running great. 30K with no issues. Only issue I had was when taking it in for the 30K plug change and they broke my A/C. That dealer said they didnt and i bit the 100 deductable and took it to another dealer. Funny how techs can put their weight on things doing service and crack ac lines and its the first time at that dealer that its happened. Yea Right...

Quick Reply: I keep getting offers to buy my truck.