4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I keep getting offers to buy my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Brummo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, they want my '09 too. Not gonna happen..

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WESIDE
When i Refinanced my truck through my bank and cancelled chrystlers gap insurance they sent me a check not only for the gap insurance deductable but as well as the lifetime bumper to bumber cost that I paid when buying the truck. I didnt cash it and made Chrystler just refund me the gap coverage. You guys are right. Sounds like they are trying to get out of the lifetime powertrain and bumper to bumper contracts on these early 2009's. Funny thing is my truck has been running great. 30K with no issues. Only issue I had was when taking it in for the 30K plug change and they broke my A/C. That dealer said they didnt and i bit the 100 deductable and took it to another dealer. Funny how techs can put their weight on things doing service and crack ac lines and its the first time at that dealer that its happened. Yea Right...
Many may believe Chrysler is trying to buy back all the lifetime powertrain vehicles, but that is a myth. More vehicles have the lifetime powertrain warranty than just the 2009 vehicles, like many 2007 models and all 2008's, except diesels.

And just for some further information, you can purchase a lifetime service contract that will cover anything from powertrain only, up to full mechanical coverage on most any Chrysler product that is under 4 years and 48,000 miles. Diesel and Vipers are excluded. I guess what I am trying to say is that if Chrysler was trying to get all the lifetime warranty vehicles off the market, why would we still be offering that coverage even on today's vehicles through a service contract? The MSRP for lifetime warranty coverage on the powertrain when the vehicle is new right now is $1180. I have seen them sold for much less than that depending on the dealer. While people can believe Chrysler is willing to pay thousands extra to get a lifetime warranty vehicle off the street, the math does not add up to support it.

Quick Reply: I keep getting offers to buy my truck.