4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

what truck is better pw 2500 or 3500

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
hickman2453
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what truck is better pw 2500 or 3500

im just lookin for some help im 16 and paying for my own truck well my parents are getting out the loan but i gotta pay them for paying the payments so if im doing that i want the best truck for my money so what should i get the 2011 pw with the hemi or one of the to cummins 2500 or 3500 please be nice dont go all im a spoild brat on me cause im not at all please help thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
gutty96
Veteran

I will be as restrained as I can on this.

At 16 years old, why do you fell you need a 3/4 or 1 ton truck?

Do you have any idea what the operating costs will be?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hickman2453
im just lookin for some help im 16 and paying for my own truck well my parents are getting out the loan but i gotta pay them for paying the payments so if im doing that i want the best truck for my money so what should i get the 2011 pw with the hemi or one of the to cummins 2500 or 3500 please be nice dont go all im a spoild brat on me cause im not at all please help thanks
Welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to tell everyone what the truck is mainly going to be used for (plowing, towing, off roading) to get a better set of responses.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you are one spoiled lil brat lol...just kidding, well maybe not because you are pretty damn lucky to be able to get that at your age.

Like others said what do you need it for, might help others help you. At your age i was driving a cavalier! I guess I envy you.

When i first bought my truck I just wanted a truck, i was young and didn't really think of what i would need it for. Now i'm working on the road a lot and in the summer I pull a camper all the time. If I could go back in time i would of definitely got diesel truck. I could pull a bigger camper with less effort.

Just try and think of what you would need the truck for your older future. Unless your family is wealthy and will get a new truck every couple years, then i would just go with the PW cause it's one bad *** truck.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Your not spoiled but yet your parents are getting a loan out for you to get a truck?? It is gonna be tough making a $500 a month payment being only 16.. Buy a beater and be happy with it... There really isnt any reason to have a truck of that kind unless you plan on working it hard.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
gutty96
Veteran

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Your not spoiled but yet your parents are getting a loan out for you to get a truck?? It is gonna be tough making a $500 a month payment being only 16.. Buy a beater and be happy with it... There really isnt any reason to have a truck of that kind unless you plan on working it hard.
Not just the payment, between gas and insurance. He will be in for another $500+ per month I would think as well.

I didn't make $1000/month when I was 16 I don't think anyway.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
hickman2453

well thanks for everyone opinion i already got it checked and insurance really isnt going to be that bad my dad has his own general construction busness and i want a truck that i can offroad mudbog and all that in yet when he needs e to help him hual somthing when his f350 is down because its a ford i can be like haha you know your asking the cummins owner

Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

If your going to be spoiled then do it right. The Cummin powered truck. If you go 4x4 you'll have plenty of low end grunt to spin those big tires and wheels your gonna cram under it. Hemi an't squat to a Cummin.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM
rewired

The only bad thing with having a cummins and mud riding is getting it stuck. That much weight is no fun to get out. I wouldn't get an 11 or 12 cummins, they dont seem to be getting good mileage. That is why I'm waiting for the 13's to come out to see how much better mileage they get. Look at the prices of the 3/4 and 1 ton. It's not much of a difference, that is why I'm going with a 3500 srw 4x4.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I think he is asking for something that doesn't really exist. You can't have a GOOD mud bogger and it be a 1 ton, or have a diesel for that matter. I notice it between my stock 1500 11, and my new 3500 2012. The front end is MUCH heavier, and I am finding that I am getting stuck in places where the half ton would go right through.

I guess it all depends on what your pulling too, the half-tons will pull a lot. Still nothing compared to that of a 1 ton, but it will. The Hemi is no pushover, but its not that of a cummins. But for the occasional towing under 10k pounds, its gonna do just fine. Besides, you don't need torque to get you unstuck.
Not to mention with a half ton you have more options on lifts etc. They are gonna do mudding much better then any 1 ton can.

Just my two cents, but I have owned my 1 ton long enough now to figure out its heavier. Its a little harder to high center, but the sheer weight in front just makes the truck dig in...

Quick Reply: what truck is better pw 2500 or 3500