4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Illlegal AND VERY dangerous...!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Tunaman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 Ram and am impressed with how well i see with the factory lights, especially with the lights in the bumper on. I agree with LU229, legal or not its all about respect. In Florida, there is no state vehicle inspection and one obvious reason there should be is headlights. One pointing to the trees, the other across the median, or so high on high beam they're both in the trees. And now, the shade tree HID bulbs in stock headlights. Hope they come down hard on them.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Tunaman
Veteran

I learned something. I thought HID stood for High Intensity Disturbing light. Guess i was wrong.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Next project we'll tackle will be the "thug" d'bags that ride around town with the giant subwoofers that rattle the windows in your house when they drive by, and generally disturb the peace in every sense of the word. BTW...you're looked upon as an imbecile when you do this.

I propose a 3 strike rule. First citation is $100, second is $500, third citation your vehicle is impounded and stripped of all stereo equippment.

Originally Posted by Tunaman
And now, the shade tree HID bulbs in stock headlights. .
You just have to laugh when they melt the sockets and part of their headlamps housings. I've seen some go get a second pair of bulbs and wrap duct tape around the distorted holes to keep water out.

Last edited by TNtech; 07-07-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2012 Ram and am impressed with how well i see with the factory lights, especially with the lights in the bumper on. I agree with LU229, legal or not its all about respect. In Florida, there is no state vehicle inspection and one obvious reason there should be is headlights. One pointing to the trees, the other across the median, or so high on high beam they're both in the trees. And now, the shade tree HID bulbs in stock headlights. Hope they come down hard on them.
Tuna, i totally agree with you on the mis-aligned headlights, i usually end up with the idiots that have them glaring you right straight in the eyes as they go by. You have know idea how much i would love to turn around and follow them, then when they stop, i`d love to smash out that annoying headlight...lol.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:49 PM
LU229
Banned

I learned something. I thought HID stood for High Intensity Disturbing light. Guess i was wrong.
Ummmm, no, you wern`t wrong... thats just a nicer way of saying what it really is...LOL.
My version isnt as nice though... HID = "High Intensity Dumbazz" (sorry, i just had to add that one in with yours Tuna...hehehe)

Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Lu, mount some aviation lights behind your grille. Next time you come across a stray with HID's blinding you, light'em up!

Should send a settle hint.

As far as the crazy sub-poofers, its rather funny watching the next generstion every year try and reinvent the clarity of plastic and metal rattling in sync as they drive bye.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:36 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by POWER SEDAN
Lu, mount some aviation lights behind your grille. Next time you come across a stray with HID's blinding you, light'em up!

Should send a settle hint.

As far as the crazy sub-poofers, its rather funny watching the next generstion every year try and reinvent the clarity of plastic and metal rattling in sync as they drive bye.
Thats a GREAT idea budd, but the way MY luck is, they`ll be blinded so badly that they`ll crash right into me...LOL LOL LOL
Yeah i hear ya on the sub-puffers, just simply annoying. Cops around here ARE isssuing tickets now.
Kinda like goverment, people have had enough...!

Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional

Yep. I hate them too. My night vision is bad enough without having eye burning lights coming at me to the point where I cannot see the yellow line or the reflectors. This was particularly bad when going through a mountain pass ...hold the wheel steady and wait for the car to pass so I can see again. Just as annoying behind me, but I just move the rear view mirror up, or wave the truck past me.

The worst part is I understand wanting good illumination. But it comes at the peril or others. It's the whole freedom to do one thing vs. the harm of another. I would love to drive 150 mph on my bike, but the risk to others is too great. Same deal.

Some people will never "get it" or care and run super bright lights.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I will also point out that Chevys are really bad about having their lights aimed too high.
It's even worse when they're lifted, and have HIDs.

I think Imma go out and buy me some blue bulbs.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:01 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by bluebeast1562
Good info, never thought of putting HID's on the Ram however, what else can we do to increase lighting from the stock? I have come to the conclusion that stock headlights are not bright enough
Not bright enough? Seems like I hear that a lot on this forum, but the headlights seem the same as every truck I've ever owned. Just did a 300 mile run out into northern WI in the middle of the night and didn't once think - jeeze, these things are not bright enough.

Quick Reply: Illlegal AND VERY dangerous...!!!!!!!!!