4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Illlegal AND VERY dangerous...!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WESIDE
Hids here in stock housings.. They work much better than stock.. BUT I had to adjust the cutoff and get it just right. Works well and no one flashes me.. Depending on where we live we also have to put things in perspective. Dips, hills, roughs.. and ect even with a cutoff you may be blinded by someone just because they are at a higher elevation than you.. Go figure.. My 09 ram lighting with hids is pretty close to stock except I can see a whole lot more in front of me..
Begin spam UK ladies
I`m not trying to **** in your wheaties here, but its mostly the glare they create. You can have the brightest lights in the world, but when they throw the glare factor out there in a scatter`d beam pattern, neither YOU or on coming traffic is in a safe situation. The whole reason for projector`s, the cut off point. It keeps the beam pattern tighter and closer to the road surface and LESS lighting and glare in the on coming traffic`s vision, thus makes them a MUCH safer lighting situation. Ever notice projectors how they`re brighter from far away, then as they approch closer to you, the cut off takes over and you`re less blinded by the bright lighting they emit..?!?!?!?!

Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LU229
Hey Mike, yeah missed ya on here buddie...

Oh yes, i agree with you 200%...! And you are correct, ther IS a sticker on the drivers door that says exactly that. I myself LOVE HID (WITH proper projector housing`s installed), just as long as it isnt ricer kids AND OR ignorant people sticking HID bulbs in halogen housing`s.

Good to see ya back here...!
Good to see yah still causing havoc! haha.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WESIDE
Hids here in stock housings.. They work much better than stock.. BUT I had to adjust the cutoff and get it just right. Works well and no one flashes me.. Depending on where we live we also have to put things in perspective. Dips, hills, roughs.. and ect even with a cutoff you may be blinded by someone just because they are at a higher elevation than you.. Go figure.. My 09 ram lighting with hids is pretty close to stock except I can see a whole lot more in front of me..
Begin spam UK ladies

You don't have a cutoff like projectors....for instance...here are some proper cut off lines from my truck...it is true and defined...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62484441@N08/6244908573/]IMAG0526[/url, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62484441@N08/10200684965/]IMG_0049[/url, on Flickr

That is a proper cut off line...without projectors you do not have a cut off line...like LU stated it throws a glare out which bothers other drivers.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC4QrQMwAA

take a look at this thread...has good images of HID's with projectors and HIDs in halogen housings/reflector housings.

Attached Thumbnails Illlegal AND VERY dangerous...!!!!!!!!!-6244908573_2bd8ff0883.jpg   Illlegal AND VERY dangerous...!!!!!!!!!-10200684965_b85559c92e.jpg  
Old 10-11-2013, 08:10 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Good to see yah still causing havoc! haha.
LOL, well you know me buddie, i have zero patients for ignorance, and i wont/dont sugar coat anything for anyone. Hey dude, excellent "cut-off" pics you posted..! Are those your`s from your truck..? You should start a thread (make it a sticky) with your pics, the pictures alone will describe exactly why you dont use HID bulbs in halogen housings.

Mike, i added this link from one of the pics you posted... hope you dont mind... if you do, i`ll pull it. Thanks bro.
HID vs Halogen
http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car-...ids-projectors

Last edited by LU229; 10-11-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Bottom line is this, HID bulbs in stocks housings are the best way to go BUT they will work fine if 1) they are aimed correctly and down a bit in most cases and 2) you don't go looking into the headlight. I've never had an issue driving towards anyone with HIDs unless I looked directly into their headlights like an idiot.

Aftermarket projectors are best. I've installed tons of them in customers vehicles and even bikes.

Quick Reply: Illlegal AND VERY dangerous...!!!!!!!!!