4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

Vararam Air Grabber Intake Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 AM
RGVram99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vararam Air Grabber Intake Installed!!

I purchased the Vararam Air Grabber cold air intake last week (from Moe’s Performance http://moesperformance.com/) and finally had the chance to test it at my local ¼ mile drag strip. VR advertises a 3 tenths and 3 mph increase over stock, but my best time showed a gain of 2 tenths and 2 mph. Last week under similar hot conditions my best time was 14.9 @ 94 mph, running my SC 93 tune, magnaflow muffler and K&N drop in filter in stock air box. This weekend my best time with the Vararam was 14.7 @ 96 mph. I was the only Ram (CC 4x2) able to break into the 14’s this weekend, all the other Rams were in the low to mid 15’s and they were all RCSBs. I also added the 180 TSTAT which has dropped the operating temp down to 183-186 w/ A/C running in 100 degree weather. I can definitely feel the truck pull harder from 3K to redline and the intake makes a nice growl under WOT. The install was not too bad, I just had a couple of minor fitment issues, but Matt from Moe’s Performance gave me some tips that worked out good. Next mod will be BBK shorty headers and a good Y pipe.

Last edited by RGVram99; 08-05-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

i bought a 2009 rcsb 2 months ago and i always liked the hemi under glass for the 3rd gens. my truck came with a k&n airbox and tube which seems to be good but i see that vr has a unit that you put on. i wonder if there would be much difference?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
RGVram99
Professional
Talking

All I can tell you is that a fellow Ram owner who is a regular at my track has a Hemi RCSB express 4x2 with a K&N CIA and diablo tune. My CC 4x2 was running significantly faster than his, especially on the top end. Off the line, his lighter truck with better gears would jump out front, but I quickly reeled him in and by the 1/8 mile I pulled him by several truck lengths. His truck is not slow, in good air he run's mid to high 14's, but in this summer heat he never broke out of the 15's all night. I am not exactly sure what is slowing his truck down, but the hot air is definitely not helping. That said, the VR does pull in more cold air but only when you are moving at a good clip. I save all my track time slips and can tell when my truck responds well to a mod. IMO the best indicator that a mod is making more HP is when you see an increase in the MPH, because ET’s can vary depending on traction/track conditions. Like I stated before I saw a 2 MPH increase over my previous intake (stock w/ K&N drop in) on my best run. I can’t wait for some cooler air, if the VR works good in this heat, it should kick butt in the fall/winter.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

now i have to figure out if i can afford it. thanks

Quick Reply: Vararam Air Grabber Intake Installed!!