4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Flowmaster Super 10 w/ Resonator Delete installed this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Thumper14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Super 10 w/ Resonator Delete installed this weekend...

Hello everyone - I just recently purchased my vehicle and I couldn't stand not having an exhaust on it so I did a little research and Installed Flowmaster super 10 on it this weekend. I meant to install a Cherry Bomb extreme, but my guys didn't supply them so I took a leap of faith and went with FM despite the cost difference (I was impatient!) - MAN is this thing LOUD. I tried to find some clips on the 'nets but there doesn't seem to be that many with this setup. I had them remove the resonators as well. This thing is deep and rumbly at lower speeds and then sounds like Hell is opening up when I get on the gas. And get this, there's not much drone at all - I was a little worried about that, but it almost sounds like a deep purr that you'd probably hear from a Sabre-toothed tiger if one existed today. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this setup to anyone that wants more growl (ALOT more growl) that the Hemi deserves. I'll try to post a video clip or sound clip when I figure out how the heck to do that in this forum. Thanks and glad to be here!

Old 01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
gib_son911

flowmasters dont flow man go magnaflow!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Thumper14

You know what's funny - Magnaflow didn't even cross my mind until I went online yesterday to do a little more research on exhaust setups (post-install). I was really looking for something loud but not overly crazy like running straight pipes and I settled on FM10 - does magnaflow have anything similar to these mufflers? I've always been a fan of Flowmaster so I've been a little weary on jumping ship, but I keep seeing alot of these Hemi boys talking about the Magnaflows on their rigs... you may have just given me buyer's remorse!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:59 PM
gib_son911

haha well i ran em for a little bit and they sounded real nice and when i get into higher rmps its pretty loud. My brother was running them for the longest time on his 07 hemi, hes cammed and supercharged sounded soo sick idling and even sicker at 6000 rmp +. were both running shorty bottles now sooo sick loud

Old 01-19-2014, 07:41 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

On a stock truck, 99% of the aftermarket muffler will flow better than OEM.
If a FM Super 40 can flow 400+cfm, then 'm sure a Super 10 can flow even better, which is actually higher than a lot of oval bodied Mag's.

Here's a link to CFM comparisons. too bad they dont have Mag listed.
http://www.exhaustsoundclips.com/cfm.pdf

Gotta make a vid man. start up, idle, low rev and high rev. do it up!

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Super 10 w/ Resonator Delete installed this weekend...