4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rear Seat headrests

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Seat headrests

Is there anyway to remove the rear seat headrests? 2013 Express, Crew cab. Notice the button to raise and lower but cannot seem to pull them all the way out. Want to really clean the rear window and install cling tint.
Thanks,

BTW, I did use the search function, no luck. LOL

Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

There probably is a way you can insert a pin or coat hanger alongside the black buttons to release the mechanism that holds them from being pulled out.

You can unbolt the lower part and just take the seats right out if you have too much trouble. The back just lifts up and out once the bottom is unbolted.

Do you not already have tinted rear glass? I thought they all came with rear tint? What state was your truck initially sold in?

And why cling? The back window is the easiest of all windows to put legitimate tint on. They are flat with no real curvature and easy to get to, even with the headrests in place. I would think real tint would actually be easier, but that might be because I've tinted a few cars before.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the cling tint, IMO, the easiest to do by yourself, have done this type of tint on my other two trucks, no special tools needed or wetting. The truck was bought in TN and it does have factory darker glass but I am going to use 5% limo tint, just like the look.

I do plan on getting the other windows tinted by a shop.

I did figure out that there are push buttons on the headrests that allow removal of the rests.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:07 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebeast1562

I did figure out that there are push buttons on the headrests that allow removal of the rests.
ohh. sweet. yEah, most don't allow the option to fully remove them. 4th Gen Rams are soooo much different than oder Rams and most other vehicles for that matter. I have removed numerous headrests, none of which were meant to be fully removed by releasing the Cclip spring that holds them in place.

Quick Reply: Rear Seat headrests