4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Scary moment for my Ram and Bully Dog Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:00 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scary moment for my Ram and Bully Dog Tuner

Ok,
So today was a real scare for me. Took my Ram to the dealer to have them work on the OCM recall, yesterday uninstalled the Bully Dog tune so there would be no issues.

Get back to the house and go to install the tune again, start the process and bam, the tuner stops half way through the install. At that point I try to uninstall the tune without luck, truck will not turn over, nothing. Get on the computer to try to update the Bully Dog but cannot do anything because the SD card is saying that the tune has to be uninstalled before updating.

Holy crap, cannot get anything to work. Call BD tech support, on hold for 30 mins in the queue, request a call back. Tech supports calls me, walks me through the issues, first and foremost, needed to put my battery charger on the battery. The BD was throwing a DTC of "no PCM installed"
TS had to remote into my computer to install the correct and updated files, spent an hour on the phone with them, finally got stock info updated and was able to get the tune completed.

Bottom line is that if you are going to update a tune, you need to ensure that a battery charger is hooked up to supply the power needed while truck is shut off and install is uploading.

Although my battery is good to go, the volts dropped below 12.1 which killed the tuner during the process.

Also, a really big thanks for the TS at BD, was patient and got it all going again.

Just a heads up, thanks for listing.
Birk

Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Pull Ya
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's great, although unusual, to hear about good customer service no matter what company you are dealing with! Thumbs up to them!!!!!!
Jay

Quick Reply: Scary moment for my Ram and Bully Dog Tuner