4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2014 Ram 6.4 wrist pin failure - engine replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Jim Howell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 6.4 Hemi Replacement - Wrist Pin

Kori:

As per my phone conversation with the case manager this afternoon, as you are obviously aware, the 'expediting team' has been able to expedite the new engine out to September 7th. I truly wish the 'expediting team' would get out of the loop and quit helping; their assistance is not beneficial.

It appears the case manager is just someone who relays unreliable info to Chrysler clients and has no direct knowledge or authority to assist in any way. He stated the dealer did not want to remove an engine from a 2016 and place in my truck; I explained to him it is not the dealers responsibility to incur this cost. This is a cost for which Chrysler should reimburse the dealer.

Case manager gave me phone number to National Center for Dispute Resolution and stated I should contact them for reimbursement assistance.

I spoke with the General Manager of the Utah dealer this morning requesting his assistance and will get back with him in the morning to see what or if he was able to find anything out.

Have asked case manager (again) to see if Chrysler will ship the truck to the dealer I normally go to for service here in Scottsdale, Arizona and we will wait to see what he finds out on this. I picked up my 5th wheel and brought back to Scottsdale this past Monday.

Kori, although the Utah dealer is caught in the middle it would be helpful if you can help with this; as it would be easier to deal with the local dealer who I have a relationship with and not one over 682 miles away.

Please let me know when Chrysler will ship the truck to Scottsdale, Arizona. I'll give you the dealer info prior to shipping.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Jim Howell
Exclamation

Kori:

We discovered that if Chrysler ships the truck to our Scottsdale dealer they (Chrysler) will need to authorize the Scottsdale dealer to handle this warranty issue or we will have to pay for all repairs and/or replacements. Please ensure the Scottsdale dealer is authorized to perform the warranty work at no cost to us.

We also discovered Chrysler has 4 complete engines sitting in Michigan which could be used in our truck and take only 1 week to obtain. We have been waiting since July 8th.

Please ensure Chrysler authorizes the Scottsdale dealer to handle the warranty, at no cost to us, prior to shipping the truck to Scottsdale.

Thank you,

Jim

Old 08-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Jim Howell

Kori:
The Chrysler rep has been able to get the long block delivered to the dealer by this Saturday, the 13th. If the persons giving the rep this information, do follow thru we may be able to pick up our truck on Monday, the 22nd.

We'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Jim Howell
Exclamation

Kori:

Don't see any responses from you on this forum; not surprised as we are not getting any correct info out of Chrysler either. Engine didn't show this past Saturday and dealer informed us Monday morning it would be here today, Tuesday the 16th. I called dealer a couple hours later asking for a tracking number and where engine was in transport. Service rep came back stating engine ETA was next Tuesday, the 23rd. My wife called dealer corporate office requesting assistance and they called dealership and had Service Manager call her (this is only the 3rd time we have been able to speak to him). He was very rude and actually cursed at my wife while stating new delivery date was August 24th then in the same conversation stated shipping date was August 24th. He went on to admit he didn't know anything.

I was able to find a Chrysler corporate web contact and they stated file shows ETA of August 23rd. Not confident with this date as it changed 4 times in a 2 hour time span.

Requested Chrysler ship truck to Scottsdale dealer we use and web page respondent stated this could delay engine; I responded I didn't think they could delay any more and we could live with a delay if truck at our local dealer.

The real issue, besides the engine needing to be replaced at 38,000 is the lack of concern demonstrated by Chrysler and it's inability to get an engine to Utah for replacement.

I called the case manager 13 times yesterday and left 4 messages with no return calls and we asked, once again, we be allowed to speak with a supervisor.

I'll keep you posted as this nonsense continues.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:10 AM
Jim Howell
Exclamation

Kori: You there?

Long block engine arrived at dealership today, dealership service manager finally admitted this morning that he didn't know anything.

Our sincere thanks go to the Chrysler rep. who had to put up with us and the Chrysler parts dept. as well.

Thinking back the only rude, obnoxious, small man in this entire process was the service manager at the Larry Miller Dodge dealership in West Bountiful, Utah. Talks tough and curses to women over the phone.

Final completion to this adventure is up to the mechanic (man who counts).

Old 08-17-2016, 01:13 AM
Jim Howell

Service rep., Tina, at Larry Miller Dodge was the only person at the dealership who was helpful and courteous throughout this process.

Good job Tina.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:34 AM
huntergreen
Professional

is your truck on the road yet?

Old 08-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Jim Howell
Exclamation

Yes, picked it up on Monday, the 22nd. So far, so good. Time will tell if everything ok.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Jim Howell

October 29, 2016 Update:

New rebuilt engine ok after local Scottsdale Dodge dealer tightened up manifold bolts left loose by Larry Miller in Utah. Why didn't check engine light go on?

Discovered 'Chrysler rep' is actually with a call center contracted to Chrysler, rep did everything he could but process was very brutal.

Back on the road and planning next trip with 5th wheel.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ram 6.4 wrist pin failure - engine replacement