4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

First Mopar

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:14 PM
dukedkt442
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mopar

Greetings, new to the site. Lifelong GM guy, back inn Dec bought a brand new Silverado DCSB Z71 in white. Sharp looking truck, but my joy quickly turned to misery with its horrible ride, poor build quality, cramped rear seat and "weak" engine. This past Saturday, I happened upon this Certified '14 Laramie with 53k. Dealer through in a 7 yr/100k mile warranty from date of my sale for their cost, so I picked it up for $30k. I've never believed in extended warranties on any vehicle as there's nothing that can go wrong that I can't fix, and am so **** with maintenance that nothing is allowed to fail, but I mainly got it for protection against failed electrical components (sunroof, seat heaters/coolers, RADIO, etc.) Lost some a few grand on the front end with the Chevy, trading it in after only 6 months and 12k miles, but I'll come out ahead on the back end which is hopefully many years down the road. So far, I'm loving the attention to detail and comfort of this thing. The garbage Rancho shocks on the Chevy would near launch me into the roof over bumps to to horrid rebound, but this Ram is smooth as silk. It has the tow package, 3.92 rear, sprayed bedliner, hard folding tonneau and side steps, and he dealer installed brand new tires as part of the Certified inspection.

At the dealer right before I drive away.