4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

1 year report

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021 | 02:57 PM
horace
|
Professional
Default 1 year report

I've now had my 2018 Dodge Laramie with RAM BOXES for one year, bought it @ 64,000 it now has 73,000 miles. It is really has been a great truck, NO ISSUES at all. I really like the soft ride over my 97s, the performance, handling & economy. Last 3 tanks 19 +mpg hwy w/ a little town mix, today all town 16.6. I wondered about the 3.92 gears but this is good enough for me. The boxes are really great to stow towing chains/ropes or cables. Any working man should have one with boxes!
What I don't like, the 4drs make it a little clunky, even w the 5.7 box, around town & totally unnecessary but there they are. The hollow sound going over the warning bumps before a stop sign. I don't like the dial shifter or pushbutton 4x4 but those are couple thing I'll never get used to. My biggest dislike is the tarry junk they put on the box, I would have preferred a shiny box.
Obviously the economy is great as is the performance. Heater is tops as is the heated seats necessary evils in MN. I bought it used so I acquired lots of things that are great on a pickup, tow hooks, sure grip, skid plates, & the top line radio & TRADA the FULL SIZE SPARE, maybe because of the 17" tires & wheels w/ wheel covers..
This should take me into the end of my driving days. My 1st Dodge was a stripped 74 Power Wagon which served me well for 8 years. I bought it new for $3450 - 318- 4spd -amfm that was it. Dodge gets me there brings me back

Quick Reply: 1 year report