4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tpms receiver

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 02:07 PM
qicvick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms receiver

My low tire light came on last Monday on way to work after about 15 miles of high driving , stopped and all tires had between 33 -35 pounds in them( mine is an 09, bought it new, but just has a light, not individual tire pressure on dash. Went to tire shop were they told me only 1 sensor was sending a signal (?) so I purchased 3 at $60 apiece installed. They finished and said they’d went ahead and replaced them all but only charged for 3.
Next day on the same bridge after 15 miles it came on again! Back to tire shop where he manually turned light off thru the plug under dash after verified all sensors were working ( I witnessed it ) next day, about 1 mile past the bridge I came on again😳
tire shop reprogrammed all the sensors to truck( 09’s had 2 fregencies depending on build date ) told me to drive it and see if light would go out ( it didn’t so after about a 20 mile loop I brought it back in and the replaced all 4 sensors, I was there past closing time, , no luck, I went home and disconnected batter for about 20 minutes, no luck . Where is the receiver and can I replace it? I read somewhere it has to be programmed? ( I know I didn’t need to tell the long version but I kinda needed to vent since I was at tire shop every day last week! lol

Quick Reply: Tpms receiver