4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordered Me an '09

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008 | 01:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio

For kicks I built one online, 36K. RCSB Sport. You can not get leather in a RCSB... From what I can tell you can not get leather in any RC (R/T will have it I am sure).

That makes you ask, why? The seats are the same as a QC, without the rears. Why not offer it as an option, that just seems stupid. Deny the option to possibly make a few more $$ on a truck??

On the plus side they offer Inferno Red with the sport model, that is a first (Excluding the 06 SRT-10).

Old 09-29-2008 | 07:16 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
For kicks I built one online, 36K. RCSB Sport. You can not get leather in a RCSB... From what I can tell you can not get leather in any RC (R/T will have it I am sure).

That makes you ask, why? The seats are the same as a QC, without the rears. Why not offer it as an option, that just seems stupid. Deny the option to possibly make a few more $$ on a truck??

On the plus side they offer Inferno Red with the sport model, that is a first (Excluding the 06 SRT-10).
Seems wierd doesn't it, makes no sense. The exact same seats are already available in leather if you order a QC. The only thing that makes sense (to them) is hoping to force you to buy up to the QC or CC where there is a higher margin.

Old 10-01-2008 | 12:13 AM
TXcharger07
Veteran

just get some Katzkin leather put in aftermarket it will be much better

Old 10-02-2008 | 12:16 AM
chagazzo

I actually just bought an 09 ram 1500 sport luxury group, that hemi kicks some major ***!! list was 44k it was all worth it.

Old 10-06-2008 | 05:55 PM
jdcovert
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
I ordered one over 3 weeks ago, it is just now in "C" Status. Your dealer should be able keep you posted. I was told 4-6 weeks, seems like forever to me.....Congradulations on your new truck. What color did you get?
I checked today... I'm up to D status Man, I'd love to have this thing for the start of deer season in November, but I doubt it.

Old 10-07-2008 | 03:59 AM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Originally Posted by chagazzo
I actually just bought an 09 ram 1500 sport luxury group, that hemi kicks some major ***!! list was 44k it was all worth it.
did you get the alpine stereo system in yours, If so how does it sound?

I got the sport premium, 7 more weeks and ill find out.

Old 10-07-2008 | 10:18 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by jdcovert
I checked today... I'm up to D status Man, I'd love to have this thing for the start of deer season in November, but I doubt it.

Great! Should be on a truck to you within a few weeks now. I called my dealer a week ago today, still C status. I am beginning to worry because I ordered a RC and haven't seen one hit the lots yet......looks like they aren't even building Regular Cabs and there are rumors RC are delayed till Dec??? My dealer says there is no delay. Anybody heard about this? Anyone seen a RC *anywhere* on the lots?

Old 10-07-2008 | 03:02 PM
TXcharger07
Veteran

aw man... i want a RC Sport R/T

Old 10-10-2008 | 10:20 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

What's with the instant popularity of the RCSB's all of a sudden? Most you guys have a QC....just wondering.

Old 10-11-2008 | 09:29 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
What's with the instant popularity of the RCSB's all of a sudden? Most you guys have a QC....just wondering.
For me, now the kids are grown and gone so I don't need that extra "room" back there. On my 04 QC all I was doing was vacuuming it out once and awhile. But, more importantly, I want less weight, more towing capacity and esp the faster zero to 60 times. Lastly, I never liked the look of a QC , I grew to accept it but always preferred the traditional truck cab configuration. Just my personal preferences, more opinion than facts.

Quick Reply: Ordered Me an '09