4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordered Me an '09

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
TXcharger07
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
What's with the instant popularity of the RCSB's all of a sudden? Most you guys have a QC....just wondering.
if i get one... its purely for a toy, much like a lightning but... better cause its a dodge... but i either want to go for Boost from a custom rearmount turbo or ProCharger... hell actually i would LOVE a KB blower up top.

or... HEADS/CAM/INTAKE package that will be mindblowing N/A. though the cam will prob need to be custom ground...

Old 10-19-2008, 03:55 PM
jram99
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If any of ya'll are members of the Farm Bureau, you can get an additional $500 discount. The dealer I've been talking to told me about it yesterday. I looked it up and it only cost $37 (Guadelupe County) for a years membership. I'm sending my application tomorrow. You have to be a member in good standing for at least 30 days but that won't be a problem since I'm waiting for the ram box option and I will most likely special order the truck anyway.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:51 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Well, my truck shipped last Friday! NICE! Don't know what plant it's coming out of... So hopefully I'll see the thing by the end of the month?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

two weeks to south texas

Old 10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by jdcovert
Well, my truck shipped last Friday! NICE! Don't know what plant it's coming out of... So hopefully I'll see the thing by the end of the month?

Good news dude. I bet your getting excited to get in that thing and give it a workout. Don't forget to get us some pics as soon as you can.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:45 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
Good news dude. I bet your getting excited to get in that thing and give it a workout. Don't forget to get us some pics as soon as you can.
You betcha! Do you know what plant these rigs are getting pumped out of right now?? With my luck probably frikin mexico... I just sold my '01 Ram, and I really dont wanna haul a deer out with my 'stang!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

You betcha! Do you know what plant these rigs are getting pumped out of right now?? With my luck probably frikin mexico... I just sold my '01 Ram, and I really dont wanna haul a deer out with my 'stang!
I'm pretty sure yours will be out of the Warren Mich plant. To my knowledge none of the 09's are being built in mehico.

Still waiting on mine, the Reg Cabs are delayed...

Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 AM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

I think the worst part will be the 500 mile break in period. especially when everyone guns it when they see a new vehicle.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 AM
jdcovert
Veteran

Originally Posted by MinatorHemi8
I think the worst part will be the 500 mile break in period. especially when everyone guns it when they see a new vehicle.
I know it, gotta love driving like a granny :-P I'm surprised they arent broken in on the dyno at the factory... but Im sure they don't just to keep costs down. At work we break in all our new tractors on the dyno before they get into the customers hands.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

I know it, gotta love driving like a granny :-P I'm surprised they arent broken in on the dyno at the factory... but Im sure they don't just to keep costs down. At work we break in all our new tractors on the dyno before they get into the customers hands.
Even my new airplane engine isn't broke in, gotta do it yourself. I don't take it too easy on my new vehicle engines, I drive em hard and just avoid any low RPM loading (towing). The Hemi is slow to wake up, my 04 didn't perk up until 4 or 5K.

Quick Reply: Ordered Me an '09