4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

the 09 Ram..

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default the 09 Ram..

I Spent a good hour checking out the the 09 Ram, I did not drive the truck, I really doubt if I want to.

Dodge is miss leading with the dual ex, it is not a true dual, y pipe is thier and the muffler has two out lets at the rear.

The stock 20 in good years are a really soft tire, not much good for any thing and thiers no protecting from door dings, thier gonna happen with this truck.

The cab is a little bigger in the quad cab, but the roof line appears the same as the 08 Ram, as for the dash, its a wee improvement, but the basic structure of the dash ( not the instermintation ) dosent look a whole lot different the 08 Ram, seats look identical.

Now for the real slam, the rear coil spring suspension is not worth a dam if you want a work truck, thiers not much you can do tro increase the pay load of the truck, with leaf springs you can allways add extra springs.

In my opion the new Ram is a Dakota with over growth for a hood, the nicest aspect of the new RAm is the flush mounted head lights, after that, I have to admit this truck is ugly.

I also admit I don't like the styling of my 06 Ram, But othier wise is a dam good truck.

Driving the 09 Ram and picking it a part are night and day, I'm sure I will want to check out wheal time at a later date.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:10 AM
TXcharger07
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go buy a ford...

most dual exhaust system's are NOT real dual exhausts. they go from a single to a double at the muffler.

The stock tires are cheapy's they put on there to keep cost down.

The interior is a vast improvement. i did the same thing you did and i was very impressed with the truck i saw. Especially, being that i work for Ford.

That truck is such an improvement and will probably prove to be the best truck on the market.

The rear suspension is even better than leaf springs because all you need to do is put stiffer springs in it if you really want a "stronger" payload capacity. Also the leaf springs are going to add so much to the off road capability because of the flexibility of it. And on road it will be awesome because you won't have anymore wheel hop, which makes for more consistent burnouts

and you can only fit so much in a bed, at that point its time to get a trailer. And honestly if your going to tow 10,000 pounds you really need a 5th wheel hitch and that should be towed by at least a 3/4 ton vehicle.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
finc.jb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXcharger07
go buy a ford...

and you can only fit so much in a bed, at that point its time to get a trailer. And honestly if your going to tow 10,000 pounds you really need a 5th wheel hitch and that should be towed by at least a 3/4 ton vehicle.
+1

To the OP --> What are you smoking?

Last edited by finc.jb; 10-02-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too each thier own, if you like the new Ram, buy it, if not thats ok. Since the four letter word Ford came up, one are of styling that is ford like is how the the box wraps around the back cab.

Ford is the any brand that puts thier name on a product, and than circles the problem.

I give credit to Dodge for putting out the 09 were as Ford is holding back on thier ne F-150, I will never own a Ford, ever again.

Dual ex is not a y pipe and one mufler with two out lets, thhe stock mufler on the 09 ram is basicly the same deal most 3rd generation owners are running.

I have no issues with the hemi ...

I stand by my opion of the rear suspension,

Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
TXcharger07
Veteran

Originally Posted by finc.jb
+1

What are you smoking?
who's that directed to? hahaha

Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 PM
TXcharger07
Veteran

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Too each thier own, if you like the new Ram, buy it, if not thats ok. Since the four letter word Ford came up, one are of styling that is ford like is how the the box wraps around the back cab.

Ford is the any brand that puts thier name on a product, and than circles the problem.

I give credit to Dodge for putting out the 09 were as Ford is holding back on thier ne F-150, I will never own a Ford, ever again.

Dual ex is not a y pipe and one mufler with two out lets, thhe stock mufler on the 09 ram is basicly the same deal most 3rd generation owners are running.

I have no issues with the hemi ...

I stand by my opion of the rear suspension,
i dig the thing, i think i might end up eventually getting the R/T reg cab.

the dodge has that same wrap around. also i've seen on the tundra's (granted they have a weak *** frame...) but they will get body damage from that when the frame bends going over bumps lol i don't think the ford and more-so the dodge will have that problem though.

what i meant about the exhaust is that it y pipes into a single all the way to the muffler and then into the muffler and duals out. they have two variations of this, mopar will sell one with the "aggressive exhaust" which will come standard on the R/T

i won't buy a ford... just because i don't like the way the drive. the ride is smooth but the power is not there at all. chevy, the power is decent but the ride is to loose. toyota can suck my ***** and the dodge seems just right to ME.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Who ever said it had true-duals?? I haven't read that anywhere..

Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dual exhaust
and large diameter wheels like 20s
are for people who like
'bling'
rather than performance

i have no problem believing a rear coil spring suspension
could work better
but only if the Chrysler engineers made the design superior
and thoroughly tested it

i wish the new Ram suspension could be easily raised or lowered:
lowered for slightly better highway cruise MPG and high speed avoidance maneuvers;
raised for travel in boggy or snowy conditions

Chrysler patented a suspension like this back in the 1990s

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Originally Posted by TXcharger07

i won't buy a ford... just because i don't like the way the drive. the ride is smooth but the power is not there at all. chevy, the power is decent but the ride is to loose. toyota can suck my ***** and the dodge seems just right to ME.

Love it!!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
chagazzo

Originally Posted by HankL
dual exhaust
and large diameter wheels like 20s
are for people who like
'bling'
rather than performance

i have no problem believing a rear coil spring suspension
could work better
but only if the Chrysler engineers made the design superior
and thoroughly tested it

i wish the new Ram suspension could be easily raised or lowered:
lowered for slightly better highway cruise MPG and high speed avoidance maneuvers;
raised for travel in boggy or snowy conditions

Chrysler patented a suspension like this back in the 1990s

don't get me wrong, my 09 ram hemi sport luxury package, is blingy, but it does have some *****. the exhaust, hehehe. its got two exhausts, but, it doesnt have the roar a real exhaust should have. I'm gonna keep the oem tips and put some flowmasters for the guts.

Quick Reply: the 09 Ram..