4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Painted grilles on Sport Package Rams

Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Dr. Bill
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Painted grilles on Sport Package Rams

Hey Guys,
I just bought a yellow 09 Ram Sport. My bumpers, door handles, mirrors are monocolor like sports have always been, but my grille is a Laramie. All of the press releases and websites have shown several sport package trucks and all have had painted grilles. What happened? I don't mind the chrome, but I don't care for the inserts. All of the sport package trucks that I have seen are this same way.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
CrawfishStu
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sport Premium Package.

Changes the grill to bright grill.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran

I am looking at my window sticker. The 26L package brings along most of the sport stuff that does mention body colored mirrors and bumpers. It also lists bright grille. That is wierd to me. What package gives you a body colored grille, because I have not seen one at any dealership.

The Sport Premium Group was for the Parksense rear park assist, dual zone a/c and 9 speaker stereo with sub. It does not appear to determine the grille selection.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
finc.jb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the Sport package on Canadian trucks include the body color grill, as I have seen enough Sports in my closest dealers lot to make me start drooling.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran

Thanks for the responses. That is so funny. I have seen 40 or so sports and they have all chrome grilles. The only 09 Ram with body colored grilles that I have seen are on youtube, allpar.com, and press releases. I thought maybe they had supplier issues or something. After all they have flame red quad cabs in the 09 brochure, but you can't buy one, they have not made any, but you can get a flame red crew cab.

I am happy with the grille that I have, but I may go to a less bright set of inserts. I have always preferred a darkened radiator area.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
CrawfishStu
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They made a lot of changes.

I ordered mine when the premium group included the 4 mode transfer case and rear heated seats.....and by the time it was built those options were deleted.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran

Well, if Dodge is making the painted grilles, I guess you could order one through parts dept of any dealership.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

I don't think the Sport trucks have colored grills this year... the prototype photos that they had back in January of the blue Sport had the blue grill.... but I think all production Sports have the chrome grill now.... the TRX4 package has a body colored grill.... you could always order one of those through parts and put it on.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
09DarkKnight
Amateur

The only color matched grills have been on TRX models here in Texas that I have seen. My dealer is letting all TRX buyers with Brillant Black know that I will trade them a beautiful chrome grill for their plain old ugly black one. Otherwise, I will be buying a color matched one and selling my chrome one on ebay.

Bill

Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
09DarkKnight
Amateur

Go to dodge.com and build a TRX4 4x4 and the grills are color matched with a chrome bumper. Sometimes Dodge does the dumbest things.

Bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painted grilles on Sport Package Rams