4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RES Radio & Blue Tooth & output

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
TooFast007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RES Radio & Blue Tooth & output

Just got my 09 TRX4 Quad with the RES radio. It has the uconnect blue tooth phone button which displays something like "not equipped with this option". Has Sirius. Dealer knows nothing, no manuals yet so I'm wondering if the blue tooth connectivity can be programmed in/module ? Probably needs a mic also.

Anyone know?

Also:

who makes this radio?
output power?
are there preamp outs?
speaker size front and rear doors ?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 AM
blue2050
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different models come with different radios.
I know they come with Alpine and Infinity radios. Different speakers and number of them too. Different wattage. Different with each cab type.

You need a manual...thats very odd not to get with a new vehicle. My manual says you get a manual specific to your RES radio. I have one specific to mine....Alpine GPS 500 watt 10 speaker.
manual as thick as the owners manual just for that.http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/ram_150...ns/multimedia/
First time in my life I had to actually read the manual to make things work.

Couple of folks here have removed their radios to add options.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...ry-radios.html
Might PM someone and ask about pre outs. I have not seen the back of mine...yet.

If you do have a phone button and it tells you "not equipped with u-connect".....
Your truck is not equipped with that option...what my manual says.
You have to have a module installed...I think. Try calling another dealers service tech.

Not sure what radio you have but you can buy or will soon be able to buy all the different options.....whenever Chrysler gets its act together for the 2009's.

Last edited by blue2050; 01-30-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

Most of the stuff is modular. You can add the uconnect feature but you have to mount a seaparate box somewhere. Got to the dealers and look at the Mopar catalog at the parts department. Just about everything is modular. Issue is the parts guys don't know crap about what goes with what.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
TooFast007

My truck only came with a small manual that instructs how to set time, station presets, tone, etc. Absolutely no specs or technical info.

From the sales brochure I know it is an optional radio, right below the REN and RER radios. It is not a touch screen but has uconnect buttons and reads freq on the drivers info display.

Looks like I'll have to take the dash apart to find out about pre outs, mfg, blue tooth connections, etc...want to install upgraded speakers too - Crutchfield says they are 5 1/2" round the door panel grill is oval - hoping to get some 6x9's in there. Upper dash with it's tweeters looks like a nightmare to get into.

I tried JustAnswers.com first but found out they want $9 for an answer.

Anyone know if the parts manuals are online?

I'll be searching and then call a dealer parts dept.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
blue2050
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked and called everywhere! for the 2009 Dodge Ram service manual.
So did others. Best hope is your dealer.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...ce-manual.html

Quick Reply: RES Radio & Blue Tooth & output