4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I did it for you was I the first?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009 | 02:07 AM
MinatorHemi8
|
Veteran
Default I did it for you was I the first?

I kept hearing on this forum over and over that someone wanted to go against a 5.7l toyota tundra.

After jumping a hill and bending the new weak aluminum knuckle and having it replaced.

After getting a damn tarp tangled on the rear links driving down the center lane on the highway then told by a dodge mechanic that it broke some of the links then driving it across town to my dealer and finding out he was full of ****.

After losing all faith in this vehicle and very slowly recovering it.

I had my faith in this vehicle concreted and remorse resolved tonight when a skinny fruitcake coming back from the clubs in his shiny new Toyota Tundra with the large red 5.7liter badge sticking out on its black exterior paint tried to take me.

First up from a 4th gear jump at 65mph to 105 he gave up at 103 because he could only keep up with my bumper.

2nd attempt 80 to 100 cause i wouldnt let him pass in 5th gear I still left him behind when jamming it to the floor.

After thoroughly pissing him off even though there were 4 other lanes yet he wanted mine. he followed me off the highway. We came to a light by only the graces of god because this light is on a road out in the middle of no where for a refineries traffic.

My tires are the worn factory goodyear HPs that slip when I slam on the gas at 60 mph.

He was running michelins (the exact tires I want).

The light goes green (btw my traction control is off because I dont drive with it on anymore) bam both tires screach the toyota slams down his hood goes about a foot in front of mine then I catch my power band at this time my Flowmaster 77 series lungs are wide open screaming at the devil, and I fly in front I could mildly make out what apeared to be engine sounds from his so called truck at this time.

After my truck popped into 2nd gear at 35 I was a cab length ahead then he was at the back of my bed again unable to catch up maxed out for about 10 minutes he gave up and we came into town to another light, I was tempted to roll down the window and ask him if he needed some baby wipes for that *** but I didnt think it would look good on the news in my duty blues beating his *** in the middle of the street.

Hemishperical 5.7L - 1

Toy copy - 0

Old 02-01-2009 | 02:52 AM
MinatorHemi8
|
Veteran

Before I go I figured I would apologize to my usual attackers for actually using my horsepower again, and to the poor guys who actually bought into the hype and couldnt help purchasing a TOYota, since it looks like every other post everyones trying to trade up their tundra or defending it. LOl

Oh and if I misspelled anything or have a gramatical errors again, I dont need to hear nor care about them I have 2 degrees and a highschool diploma I managed to get them some how.

This thread is intended to to rejoice in the fact I was able to put down a show of force from an inferior machine.

Old 02-01-2009 | 10:32 AM
cheatdt
Rookie

Wooohooo! No attack from here. I don't like Toyota's or the people at their dealerships. I know not everyone is the same. There are some nice ones....somewhere.....I hope. Anyway, 'we' knew it was true. Just nice that someone went out there and did it. Thanks

Old 02-01-2009 | 11:40 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

[QUOTE=MinatorHemi8;1533790]I kept hearing on this forum over and over that someone wanted to go against a 5.7l toyota tundra.

Thanks for the thread, I have been waiting. The results are what I expected, the Tundra's gears don't always make up for it having less power than the 09 Hemi. I have lined up with 2 Tundra 4 doors at the lights and rolled up to one on the freeway - So far no takers...... I have seen some Tundra owners poo pooing the "old school" Hemi in their forums. The 09 Hemi is a 2V pushrod engine but it still makes more HP and torque than the same size Tundra 4V DOHC "modern" engine. How do they explain that? Good kill and thanks for sharing!

Old 02-01-2009 | 11:46 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by cheatdt
Wooohooo! No attack from here. I don't like Toyota's or the people at their dealerships. I know not everyone is the same. There are some nice ones....somewhere.....I hope. Anyway, 'we' knew it was true. Just nice that someone went out there and did it. Thanks
Some Tundra owners do respect the Hemi, as I respect their 5.7. But for the ones who keep saying ours is not a "real Hemi" or its "old technology" this kill should prove frustrating for them.

Old 02-01-2009 | 07:14 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

I don't care for who is faster, but the h/p hitting the rear wheels, your not getting 390 H/P at the rear wheels ..

If you really want to play the numbers game as to what brand is faster, RW HP is were its at.

Now that the 09 Ram is all new, its quick to be old ( evolution of playing catch up )

Old 02-02-2009 | 01:34 AM
socaliallstar82
Professional

nice kill, what cab config was it? was he stock, or did he have an exhaust too, not that it matters, just curious. Again nice kill man, looks like you have some bragging rights.

Old 02-02-2009 | 02:02 AM
MinatorHemi8
|
Veteran

It was the full cab model it had a square handle on the back door I dont know if they have a crew, it didnt sound like it had an exhaust but i had the windows up.

Old 02-02-2009 | 02:10 AM
socaliallstar82
Professional

There's the double cab which is the one i think your talking about, and then theres the crewmax which is kinda like the mega cab. Pretty crazy if you took out the double cab, they run mid to high 14's stock.

That either means those new hemi's are ways faster than magazines say they are, or the idiot didnt know how to disable his traction control. Its kinda a pain in the new tundras. push a button and hold for 3-4 sec, than hold down for another 3. Wish i could just floor the sucker and not have to worry about disabling anything.

I hate when guys get butt hurt losing. Its all in fun.

Old 02-02-2009 | 08:52 PM
M15
Veteran

Nice kill!! So do you have those heavy 20's on your truck too? And is the flowmaster muffler your only mod?