4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote start and Security Group option

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
finc.jb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jram99
The only option the truck has that I use less is the sun roof. Jeff.
That's only because it's not summer yet

Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie

GMONEY126, I think most people wouldn't care if they could remotely start their truck from 300-1000 feet away. Personally I wouldn't do it even if I could. I only use the remote start for the pre-heating/cooling aspect. Otherwise, wouldn't care if the truck had remote start or not. This is the first time I've had remote start and after the new wore off I don't even use it except early morning just before I leave for work. The only option the truck has that I use less is the sun roof. Jeff.
Well living in Canada, a remote start has become a necessity and its nice being able to start it from a distance so that it has warmed up by the time you get to it as opposed to having to wait a few more minutes. Sure its not a big deal to go to the window to make sure it started but it is a lot nicer if you're at home depot or the mall or wherever and you just start it from wherever knowing that you are about to leave soon.

But again, when all aftermarket starters reach distances over 1000', some are even claiming 6000'! it still doesn't change the fact that the 50 or 60' range these starters have are horrible in comparison whether you use it or not.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
GMacGyver

Went today to have a Viper W/Remote start installed (09 1500 Ram) and was advised that they could not do the remote start due to a wiring change by Dodge. Different than the 08's. I called Viper and they verified this and further advised that a remote start fix would not be out until summer. Kinda Sucks......... Anyone have the factory remote start installed by a dealer.....Cost......

Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 AM
GMONEY126
Rookie

I only use the remote start for the pre-heating/cooling aspect. Otherwise, wouldn't care if the truck had remote start or not.
What other reason is there for a remote start?

Quick Reply: Remote start and Security Group option