4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed cover options

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Trendkill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qicvick
Got my new snuggtop friday, very happy with it, it has hidden hinges and shuts like a trunk lid on a car in that when it shuts it locks, have tried to post pictures but they are too big, trying again
I really like the looks of that one. Where'd you order it from, and what'd it cost ya?

Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 PM
qicvick
Professional

Originally Posted by Trendkill
I really like the looks of that one. Where'd you order it from, and what'd it cost ya?
I got it from DFW campers in Ft.Worth,painted and installed 1400.00 including tax,paint is a perfect match, truck is brillant black which means it has a metalic sparkle in the sun and the cover matches perfect, the same cover can be upgraded to remote open for 200 more, may do that later, comes with hidden wire light inside you turn on or off at back, this is an sl snuggtop, the regular snuggtop is the same cover but has exposed hinges in front with cotor pins and 2 slider lever locks (1 on each side) at the back, it is @ 200 less than mine,that is the one I have had before,1 in 95, 1 in 2004, they were trouble free waterproof, they have a web site which I believe is snuggtop.com

Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
humvee34

hey i just bought a soft cover by truxedo its really nice

Old 06-29-2009, 11:23 PM
War Horse
All Star

I haven't saved up enough money yet, but after reading all these posts and seeing the pics I think I'll go with a Bakflip G2. It isn't as smooth looking as the hard covers, but I like that it'll flip all the way up and still allow access to the full bed without removing anything.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
RBRK
Rookie

Just some Information for those thinking about the Bakflip G2. I called to order a G2 last week and the guy talked me out of the HD saying that I would probably get the HD anyway because the cost of the (composite) on the G2 had gone up in price a lot or they were out of it. So I said ok and ordered the G2. When it got here it was not rought plastic like the pictures I have seen of the G2. It was smooth. So I'm pretty sure I got the HD for $675 shipped. I believe I have seen some others showing pictures of their "g2" and It is smooth also, so I think others have recieved the HD for the G2 price. I didn't get the extra 2 clamps that come with the HD but with a 5.7 bed, I don't think it will matter.

So If you are thinking about ordering a G2 anytime soon, call Bakflip and order now and you might get at HD for no additional cost.

I did order if from the Bakflip company.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 PM
sflindsey

RBRK,
How did you get the $675 price??? The price they show are their website for the Crew Cab is $698.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
RichardR
Default Flush Hard Cover for RamBox

Anybody known if there is an options for a Flush Hard cover with a Rambox?

Didn't realize the Factory hard and soft covers are not flush with the RamBox.

Thanks, Richard

Old 06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
RBRK
Rookie

Originally Posted by sflindsey
RBRK,
How did you get the $675 price??? The price they show are their website for the Crew Cab is $698.
That is what is was when I called them, it was a fathers day special thing, but he said since it was only shipped in one box that it would be $675 shipped. I would suggest calling them and see what they can do. I like the cover so far.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 PM
dodgewasp

Originally Posted by Slinger
I've used soft and hard covers in the past and have been happiest with the fiberglass covers so I can store my son's baseball gear, chairs, and other things in the bed and not worry about weather (big trunk). The problem with this is hauling tall things like a lawn mower, leaving the top up just is not good when traveling a few miles. As an alternative I've seen a few roll top options that look sturdy, but since they don't go over the bed lip it seems they would be less that weather proof. Anybody have some advice and maybe a place to buy?
Bakflip2 installed 3 months ago and have no issues.

Dodgewasp

Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Pinch99

I installed Truck Covers USA
http://www.truckcoversusa.com/

It looked so good, they took pictures of my truck for their upcoming brochure. Tomorrow am installing the tailgate lock (power). This will complete the full lock up of my truck bed.

Quick Reply: Bed cover options