4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where did you buy it, how much did it cost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
443rex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They laughed at my offer when I tried to negotiate at Maxwell Dodge. They had the sales manager come out and talk to me to tell me that they'd be losing over $5,000 on a deal like that. I told them that was not true,they'd still make money, even if not a lot, and that he was lying to me (he was, I've audited car dealerships, I know how things work). Then he just got mad and told me to leave and started getting rude. Went to another dealership and got it taken care of for the offer I gave them at Maxwell with far less trouble.

That is strange. I went through the internet guy, an older guy in his late sixties. He was always very strait and upfront, did not try to BS me. It could be because I was very patient over about two weeks before I even went in and then I bought on the last day of the month. They even told me about a $500.00 rebate I got through Farm Bureau I did not even know about after I agreed to do the deal. I did notice a couple of guys using high pressure tactics on other people. These guys are usually young and desperate. I have found most dealers put the more laid back honest types on the internet deals as we tend to be harder to BS and don't have the time for the BS haggle games.
I wonder if dealers are taught to profile certain personality types and professions? Any ex car salesman here?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Yeah.... I like to close deals fast and without the BS. Not everyone likes to play that game, but I've bought a new vehicle at least every year for the last 5 years and it's the dealers that don't play games that get my business.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
$43,500 MSRP Canadian
$13,841 Discount 31.82%
$29,659 OTD approx $23,200 USD

Dealer ate my '08 lease with 8 months remaining!
Now that's a good deal if they ate that much of your lease.

Quick Reply: Where did you buy it, how much did it cost?