4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone install an electronic brake controller?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Brown
Purchases a Valley Odyssey 2 controller...It came with a harness #30506. They say it should just plug into the harness under the dash close to the emergency brake...not so.

The dealer has removed the harness as of 2007....so you have to purchase a harness from them to plug in the controller...simple to do just more money.

The dealer said people didn't use them so they have been removed for re-sale...what a scam.
Check the photos in post 19 of this thread. The blue plug is where it should plug into.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
72combo
Champion
Default Found it but.....

What is the one below the blue one for...I had a pic posted but needed the room for another one now I can't find the original, There is an empty grey plug below the blue one does anyone know what that is for, possible an amp? That is where the amp bolts in somewhere near there?

Last edited by 72combo; 05-29-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM
CrawfishStu
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to be able to reach all the adjustments and see the warning very clearly.

I just used some industrial velcro on the mounting bracket and the top of the radio bezel. In the past I've just used a heat gun to remove it. This prodigy controller is by far the best I've ever used.

Name:  socks002.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  66.5 KB
Name:  socks007.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  42.4 KB

Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
armylife
Default 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 - electronic brake wire -

After much reading and searching - I was misled, and you most likely are too if your trying to find the "BLUE" wire that leads to the electronic brake controller.

It isn't blue - it's green. If you have a 4 - pole flat pre-wired by mfg. Then make life simple, no matter if you buy a Hoyle or Reese electronic brake connect, get the Hoyle connector (it connects directly to the 4 pole, long flat, connector under the dashboard by the parking brake to the left of the junction box), but if you buy the Reese electronic connector you'll have to clip the plastic clip off that would connect to the Hoyle brake controller so you can wire the Reese to it.

If you have 4 pole flat wire installed like I did, then the GREEN wire will stop at a connection just behind the mudflap, in the driver side front fender well. I used a wire clip, tied in, and ran it to the back inside the same cable channel that carries the other wires on the driver side of the frame. It got a little tricky going over the fuel tank. But it's possible. On my truck is was just above my volt-meter probe. In the middle. Remember, trust but verify. Check yours voltage there while somebody depresses the peddle.

Attached Thumbnails anyone install an electronic brake controller?-2006-dodge-ram-1500-electronic-brake-wire.jpg  

Quick Reply: anyone install an electronic brake controller?