4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Saver Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009 | 12:02 PM
HEMIBOY04
Professional

where would the fuel saver light be located??? i have the slap stick center shifter and the computer display in the center gauge. when i test drove it the gas light came on and chimed. they symbol was in the middle telling me to get gas. to the left was the door ajar symbol and to the right was the cruise control symbol. when i first turn the key to the run position all the lights will show up on the gauge and it will show the fuel symbol then disappear and show a esp/bas quickly.

its always been to my understanding from reading about the 09's that the mds turns on automatically you have zero control over it and it happens to fast to notice. now me on the other hand. i wish there was a button you can turn off and on for it...

Old 03-12-2009 | 12:07 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

The MDS or fuel saver light is not the same as the low fuel light and I believe it stays on the whole time the MDS is on or you're in 4 cylinder mode. (I don't have a light so I can't confirm this).

The MDS does turn on and off very rapidly so the changeover is not noticeable. Why would you ever want to be able to turn prevent it from turning on? Contrary to what lots of people seem to assume, it doesn't affect performance. As soon as you stomp on the pedal it's off and you're in 8 cyl mode.

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:15 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

Yes when the light comes on your on 4 cyl.

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:19 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

On the fuel saver light it comes on my truck on flat roads , slowing down to a stop.
On the cruise control , it comes on with the cruise on . But the cruise adjusts to much and takes off the fuel saver. With the fuel saver on , you barley touch the gas and it goes off.

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:37 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by capsfloyd
On the fuel saver light it comes on my truck on flat roads , slowing down to a stop.
On the cruise control , it comes on with the cruise on . But the cruise adjusts to much and takes off the fuel saver. With the fuel saver on , you barley touch the gas and it goes off.
But you drive a 06 chevy lt ext. cab....

Quick Reply: Fuel Saver Light